Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was sitting home watching the rain and waiting for it to turn to ice when the phone rang. it was the water dept maintenance supervisor wanting to know if I could check out some of their equipment. I told them I could look at it but I had no idea if I could help them. Mr Gross told me that no one there knew anything about the things at all and whatever I could figure out would be helpful. Twenty minutes later he was dropping off three manhole detectors and asked if I could try to get just one of them to work. I agreed to look at them and he left. Everything was hard wired including the coils so I opened up the brains to check 1st the batteries (he brought new ones) and found corroded ones and some poor battery connections. After about an hour or so, I determined one was fried and not repairable at this station and after some cleaning and putting the correct battery packs with the correct machine, got the other two working. all they do is detect big iron at about six to eight inches and that is all. Mr. Gross seemed to be elated as they have an expensive metal detector that is more complicated than they are capable of using or want to and were tired of digging soda cans and other junk. ice permitting, he will swing by tomorrow and pick them up. anybody could have done it if they just took the time. they were Fisher M65 and had seen hard use.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cannot hurt you for the future

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Maybe he'll notify you when there another dig out! Or a restricted area all to your self!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
or if they uncover an old unexploded shell!!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they belonged to the city, it wasn't hard use they have seen but just abuse of being thrown around. They have some at the water dept. here that no one is familiar with but they are tore up.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the abuse is true for sure but ignorance of how to use equipment leads to even more. there are those employees that do the best that they can. it was the same in the military, some people could care less and others were very responsible. I just felt pretty good that I was even thought of to possibly help. this is a small town and most of the people are pretty good and hard working.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread