Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Was out on Friday with a friend who has a CTX 330, we were staying over night so during a break I had a look and play with the CTX. All though the machine is heavy, it is well balanced and quite easy to swing, though I only used it for a few minutes. I don't like the way you have to change coils, the wire being down the centre of the shaft and having to remove the battery pack to do it.(to much to break) The cam lock on the shaft leaves a lot to be desired as well.

But it does seem it's got a bit more depth than the Deus, and on pasture (which we were camped on)I think it would be better. Would have liked the screen to be removable like the Deus to, and a wireless coil but I guess this is a patent issue. All in all a nice looking machine and I think I might like to have one to do the pasture, but I will have to find something a bit tasty first before I lay out a whopping £2000.:laughing7:

SS

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
When I would change coils, I too was removing everything from the back end but the other day I was able to change coils without taking off the battery pack! It worked great.
I haven't had any trouble with the clam clamp either! All in all an excellent detector!
Best of luck!

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I would change coils, I too was removing everything from the back end but the other day I was able to change coils without taking off the battery pack! It worked great.
I haven't had any trouble with the clam clamp either! All in all an excellent detector!
Best of luck!
That coil shaft though, it looks like it could take the weight of 10 men.:laughing7: Could have been smaller in diameter.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread