15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
What's The Story Behind You Avatar?

I see some cool avatars on here, most of the of finds and such, but what is the story of your avatar?

Mine is of my favorite large cent I have ever found, most of you have heard me mention it a billion times (I'm very proud of it). This is a photo of it 30 minutes after I found it, uncleaned with dirt still on it, I love it's color in this photo.
1803.jpg
My first avatar was of my first colonial coin I ever found and favorite coin at the time. Unless you knew about coins you could not tell what type of coin it was so I put the captions "1723 Hibernia Halfpenny" on the photo. That was my avatar from May until September 2014.
kgi.jpg

I'm curious to see the story behind your avatar.

Thanks, Coinman123

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife does custom embroidery.

It's the first one she digitized (the icon is the vector graphic) and sewed out for me. It's on all my sailing shirts now.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
In 1955/56/57/58 I was a sailor in the United States Navy, my job was an Assault Boat Coxswain, which means I drove landing craft through the surf, delivering the marines and their equipment to the beach. My avatar is a LCM, (Landing Craft Mechanized) on the beach in Subic Bay, with the ramp down.

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A buddy of mine found a an old top hat at his parents house . This thing was sweet , still in the original hat box with the sales receipt dated 1889 . Well he decided to sell it and we wanted to at least have some fun with it . Add one fake mustache,pair of shooting glasses , some bling , and some photoshop effects and you have my avatar

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I yam whatti yam.Ya all ever seen a yeti pretty as me?

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cat Wiggy as a kitten 7 years ago. Just looked over and there he was laying with his tongue sticking out, he raised his head up just as I got the camera ready.

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is the bucket from the Big Muskie down in southern Ohio. My son and I rode our bikes down to see it last year and had a great time together. It is hard to believe how big this bucket is and how huge the machine that moved it must have been. Jake is 6' 3" and looks small in the picture of the bucket. This year we hope to ride the bikes to see the worlds largest ball of twine :) bm3.JPG

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is the bucket from the Big Muskie down in southern Ohio. My son and I rode our bikes down to see it last year and had a great time together. It is hard to believe how big this bucket is and how huge the machine that moved it must have been. Jake is 6' 3" and looks small in the picture of the bucket. This year we hope to ride the bikes to see the worlds largest ball of twine :) View attachment 1129756

Don't bother...I heard the world's biggest bird stole the yarn to start building it's nest lol.
Well, mine is the one and only 3 ringer I have found to date. They are pretty rare here in this part of Pennsylvania. It was also found on the same hunt that I found my very first silver coin.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this in a spot I called the "Field of Plenty"...old farmfield for a late 1800's jailhouse,had NEVER been hunted...till I got there,man did I clean house!:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is three five dollar Gold pieces I found eight to nine years ago.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only pic of me during one of the coolest moments in my life...
I am holding bars and wearing money chain from Mels personal "stash" from the Santa Margarita...
Went down to Keys for a meeting with Mel Fisher for a job...
He offered me a job to help search for the ship Atocha ... which I readily accepted.
But there is more to the story... heh.

There is bigger pic in my profile album... I call it "golden eye"...
In pic you can see how the flash made the gold appear in my eye... making my eye look weird.

Btw I am 12 in this picture... 1980

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Only pic of me during one of the coolest moments in my life...
I am holding bars and wearing money chain from Mels personal "stash" from the Santa Margarita...
Went down to Keys for a meeting with Mel Fisher for a job...
He offered me a job to help search for the ship Atocha ... which I readily accepted.
But there is more to the story... heh.

There is bigger pic in my profile album... I call it "golden eye"...
In pic you can see how the flash made the gold appear in my eye... making my eye look weird.

Btw I am 12 in this picture... 1980

Is that gold bar you're holding the one that was swiped?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My signature line used to say "Will you make a high tone in God's headset?" and my Avatar the time was Ben Rumson [Lee Marvin] from Paint Your Wagon..

photo-46477.jpg

Another member (Nick Papalomas as I recall) took the image off my profile page and added the "golden coil" behind it and mailed it back to me. Been using it ever since.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My avatar is the best finds from the best three days of hunting I have ever had and they all came from within about 150 yards of ea other . A 1891-o Morgan Silver Dollar , 1810 LC and a 1798 LC (still my oldest coin to date)

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is my first gold ring found metal detecting. I went to the old municipal pool for my city. I parked my car , took a look at the grounds to figure out what area might be best to start, I saw a big old tree that looked like it provided a lot of shade for many years. I walked straight to it, turned my machine on walked not even 5 feet and beep beep beep, first target. I will never forget that feeling and how the gold and diamonds still looked perfect even after being buried for so long. I been hooked ever since.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that gold bar you're holding the one that was swiped?

No...
The one that was swiped was much thicker and shorter...
And was encased in plexi glass cabinet with round hole so that it could be "picked up" but not really held...
And definitely not carried away...
I think it was "cut" or "scored" in some way then hit...
broke in half.
Only way they could have been gotten it out...
I sat there many times just "fooling around" with that bar... like trying to figure out puzzle just seeing if it could come out.
IF I even thought it could have been removed... I would have voiced my concern to Mel or Deo.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mine is a huge sterling 925 silver Italian chain --when I first found it thought it was a dog collar chain - ... my biggest jewelry find to date silver speaking wise --yes that's a standard 12 in long wooden ruler beside it for "scale" :hello2: 12 oz of 925 sterling ---almost a troy pound (13 oz)

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
No...
The one that was swiped was much thicker and shorter...
And was encased in plexi glass cabinet with round hole so that it could be "picked up" but not really held...
And definitely not carried away...
I think it was "cut" or "scored" in some way then hit...
broke in half.
Only way they could have been gotten it out...
I sat there many times just "fooling around" with that bar... like trying to figure out puzzle just seeing if it could come out.
IF I even thought it could have been removed... I would have voiced my concern to Mel or Deo.

The Wife,Son and I were there in Aug. 2010,I guess someone took the"I lifted a gold bar at Mel Fishers museum" serious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread