POSSABLE CACHE!!! I Found a 75 Year Old Unopened Box Underneath a Childs Bedframe!!!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey buddy... Don't know for sure if this is exactly the same but I think it is. Your box may be a different color but I think it matches.... ??? ??? Looks to be "vintage 1950's". But I bet by now you've already found this out.

Now... really... I bet it was filled with vintage baseball cards from the 1920's... right? Keep your head up guy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/155924748/vintage-tie-bar-and-cuff-link-set?ref=market

Last edited:

Coinhawk

Feb 11, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...it is safe to assume you tried to lift out the little tray and look underneath to where those loops are tied, right? Maybe something is hidden underneath. When I was a kid I use to hide paper money under the "floor' of little boxes like that, so they look empty. Just a thought.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
...it is safe to assume you tried to lift out the little tray and look underneath to where those loops are tied, right? Maybe something is hidden underneath. When I was a kid I use to hide paper money under the "floor' of little boxes like that, so they look empty. Just a thought.

Tried that basically dispensabled the box lol

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014

If anyone is interested here is the live video of the box being retrieved and opened thx all the best to u guys Jolteon

Last edited by a moderator:

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you showed the video. Sucks it was a bust but very well could have been something great in there. I bet your well on your way looking for another old treasure by now! [emoji2]

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Jolteon, you did find the treasure! It's the one where you hold the attention of an audience with a great story!
Consider being a suspense writer!
Best of Luck!

Jem13

Jan 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Whites Surf PI Pro
I bought this at a thrift store awhile back. The box you found may have held something similar to this tie clip and cufflink set. The box was dated in the 1950's :-) Pioneer.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread