POSSABLE CACHE!!! I Found a 75 Year Old Unopened Box Underneath a Childs Bedframe!!!

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Hey guys on Sunday I found a unopened box underneath a 75 year old bed frame and I will get it out this weekend! Let me describe this to you! In a refurbished 200 year old home I have been cache hunting for the last 3 years I have just made a breakthrough. NOTE: this is the same home I found the cache 3 years ago! Anyway in the upstairs bed room on the original side of the house there is a child's room with the attic entrance and 2 twin bed frames made of solid wood! In the solid wood there are three holes where the Mattress post goes that are just big enough for me to put a iron claw down there to pick up old toys and stuff! In the last 6 months I've been doing this I have discovered A 1980 Racecar, 2 baseball cards from the 1970's, and a New York Ranger action figure from the 1980's. I have made a video on it and I would like ur personal opinions about anything! Feel free to ask questions, give opinions, guess what is in the box, tell me something I could have missed, and anything else. Please help me out here this could be a once in a lifetime experience. Here is the link

Ill post pictures later but I plan to get the box out on Sunday! (Unless plans change) I know its a long video but please watch at least part of it so u know what you are dealing with here! Finally, Ill keep you guys posted and if I find a cache jewelry etc. then I will give a link to a different thread! Thank You

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I did that same thing when I found tons of 1980's toys and other random things from the 1980's in a big giant open space under the floor. I had to use the same exact claw thingy you use to get the stuff because the hole in the floor was only 4 inches wide. I like the Alf (the TV from the 80's with the alien) playing cards that I found under the floorboards the most.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Another thing, It would be sad if when you got it out and opened it up nothing was in it. I hope there is something cool in it though.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun hunt. Try putting a vacuum cleaner hose down there and see if you can use the suction to move the box towards the hole so you can see it better. The room is an odd set up, looks like there is another floor under the top floor.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm.
Try removing side panel with small pry bar or chisel...
Then just hammer back into place when done.
Saves all that time...
And all that video.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Hmmm.
Try removing side panel with small pry bar or chisel...
Then just hammer back into place when done.
Saves all that time...
And all that video.

Yeah the problem is the bed is still used as a bed today! It is a family cottage so the last thing I want to do is destroy a perfectly good bed

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fun hunt. Try putting a vacuum cleaner hose down there and see if you can use the suction to move the box towards the hole so you can see it better. The room is an odd set up, looks like there is another floor under the top floor.

I agree to try a long vacuum cleaner hose down there. Just use the skinny attachment if you have one because it would increase the suction and not allow anything to bend up the hole or be damaged like the cards for example! [emoji2]

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I agree to try a long vacuum cleaner hose down there. Just use the skinny attachment if you have one because it would increase the suction and not allow anything to bend up the hole or be damaged like the cards for example! [emoji2]

Good point I think I'll try that the last thing I want to do is damage the finding lol

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good point I think I'll try that the last thing I want to do is damage the finding lol

Do you think the box is metal? Could try a magnet attached to your probe and see if it sticks.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Do you think the box is metal? Could try a magnet attached to your probe and see if it sticks.

It appears to be however the way I touched it was attaching a wooden stick to the probe making it 3ft long I'm unsure

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
POSSABLE CACHE!!! I Found a 75 Year Old Unopened Box Underneath a Childs Bedf...

If it is then put a bunch of strong fridge magnets in a plastic bag and then tape the bugger on good and TIGHT to the end of your probe. It should stick to one of them and pull it out slow. Worth a shot! [emoji2]

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
If it is then put a bunch of strong fridge magnets in a plastic bag and then tape the bugger on good and TIGHT to the end of your probe. It should stick to one of them and pull it out slow. Worth a shot! [emoji2]

I'll try that first if my idea does not work

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it was mostly used as a kids room I would venture to say a collection of things that they would have thought valuable. What suspense!

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Since it was mostly used as a kids room I would venture to say a collection of things that they would have thought valuable. What suspense!

That's what o thought so I'm wondering here is what's gonna happen if the box is bigger than the hole it was put there before the bed was made so it would have to be a cache if it is smaller like I thought then they could of slid in there but if they wanted how would they get it out? So many questions

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to agree on pulling the plywood top off and just grab it all up in one swoop! It really isn't that hard to take it off and nail it back down, unless the top has 100's of nails in it holding it down.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I would have to agree on pulling the plywood top off and just grab it all up in one swoop! It really isn't that hard to take it off and nail it back down, unless the top has 100's of nails in it holding it down.

There are three reasons I can't do that
1. Family won't let me
2.Thousands of nails
3. I don't want to take it apart and not be able to fix it
If I could open it manually I would have by now

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are three reasons I can't do that
1. Family won't let me
2.Thousands of nails
3. I don't want to take it apart and not be able to fix it
If I could open it manually I would have by now

1. If you find a huge pile of gold, your family won't be mad. Did you point out the box to them?
2. Made by hand - no one used thousands of nails
3. When you find the gold you can hire someone to fix it
4. Get a crowbar and you will be in there quick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread