stolen ! coin master

ASTORIA

Jan 1, 2015
ASTORIA OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES COINMASTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well folks I haven't been posting because I had my coin master stolen in portland Oregon. I had it in my car covered with a blanket while in the city. some A-hole broke my window and stole it. it has a cascade flag sticker on it and a turks head knot tied on the shaft below the screen. its been clear coated over so it would have been hard to get off. :( I replaced it with a used fortune hunter. it's just not the same. please keep an eye out.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep an eye on Craigslist and the local pawn shops, with any luck you may get it back. Good Luck!

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep an eye on Craigslist buddy,,
Not just in your closest town there but ANY of the towns that the knucklehead who took it may use to hide where it really is.

I feel your pain,,I have had stuff stolen from my Jeep Cherokee before.

Hit

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely rotten !!!! good luck Bud hope you find it.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in the Ballard District of Seattle in the late 80s. A good blue collar clean neighborhood that was rife with thievery. At night the common knowledge was: don't lock your car doors, leave the glove box open and empty, and have a removable cassette deck. Otherwise you awoke to broken auto glass and rifled contents.

I had a friend who installed a car alarm...the thieves drove a spike into the auto battery disabling the alarm...then proceeded to steal the alarm!

Since returning to WV, I haven't had 1 problem in 20 years!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years ago I was at an outdoor archery shoot. Got all done and took bow back to car and laid in back seat. Went back to sign my scorecard. Came back to car and my bow and equipment was gone.

Years later I was working at Starlight Archery in Kalamazoo MI. It was just before archery hunting season and I was very busy setting up bows for customers. Up walks this 16-17 year old for help. He hands me "my old bow" to tune. I asked him where he got it and he said his dad gave it to him last year. I just tuned it up and returned it to him as it was an obsolete model now.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard of a guy who had his trombone in the backseat.he tipped the valet guy extra to park it in a safe spot and keep an eye.when he returned the back window was broken out and there was two trombones in the backseat...oh the humanity

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about the theft. I sure hope you recover it, and the jerk that stole it gets swift punishment. Very little makes me angrier than some low life stealing from me, and I know how you probably feel. If they are lucky, it will be the police and not you that find them, if you're like me. No excuse for theft...age nor lack of money can be used as an excuse in my book.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
There is a White's Coinmaster on Craigslist Portland right now. Without more information that is the best I can do.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That"'s really rotten! That's stealing your happiness! There should be a "special punishment" for detector thieves!

Our house was broken into about 3 years ago got some jewelry but the detector was in another room. I told the responding office it's a good thing they didn't take the detector heads would have rolled! He just looked at me kinda funny. I meant every word!
Hope you get it back!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thieves are about as low as you can go on the human dignity scale. Your damn right "heads would roll". If I was home heads would roll before they even touched anything. I'd ask questions later... if I felt the need. Been there / done that 31 years ago. I shot then and I'll shoot now...The only difference now is you'd be lucky to get back out the door due to a weapons upgrade. :laughing7:

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After filing the police report which cover the Pawn shops, call local detector shops and let them know.

Craig's List of course - but use this Search Craigslist by state and more. and search both Oregon and Washington. This covers all listing on CL in the state. The scumbags often will list outside the area it was stolen.

Good luck!

OP
OP
ASTORIA

ASTORIA

Jan 1, 2015
ASTORIA OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES COINMASTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the good thought guys/gals. well it's frustrating knowing that when i was talking to the police, he kinda snickered when i said it was my metal detector. :( I've been looking all over and It seems nothing is showing up. keep up the good thoughts.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Hearing that just p***es me off. I really hope you can get that back, I can't think of anything you should do off the bat. It just annoys me that someone would do that, the problem is that some people do. I would give you my long rant on what I think of thieves but I'm pretty sure no one would want to hear that. Good luck getting it back, call up any local retail shops asking if anyone brought in a Coinmaster.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that your' metal detector was stolen! What Model was it (i.e. Coinmaster 6000, Coinmaster GT, etc., etc.)? How long ago was it stolen? If it has been awhile, then it could have been sold on Craigslist and the Ad removed! You might also check on eBay as I would not put it past some stupid thieves to list stolen items on there as well.

Frank

OP
OP
ASTORIA

ASTORIA

Jan 1, 2015
ASTORIA OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES COINMASTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear that your' metal detector was stolen! What Model was it (i.e. Coinmaster 6000, Coinmaster GT, etc., etc.)? How long ago was it stolen? If it has been awhile, then it could have been sold on Craigslist and the Ad removed! You might also check on eBay as I would not put it past some stupid thieves to list stolen items on there as well.

Frank
it was a standard coin master with a spider coil. I've looked at almost all the online sites and most local retailers. i left them with a notice of what to look for. I'm thinking of offloading some of my coin finds to fun a new one. what sucks is I saved a long time for it. I just hope who ever stole it gets it ten fold in the end.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear about the loss, the only thing that I can suggest is to keep an eye out for folks detecting and you might get lucky. That been said if you have a homeowners insurance policy it should cover the loss from the vehicle, usually it states 10-15% of what the contents value on the policy. Most insurance policies separate the personal items and the vehicle, so the broken window is under vehicle and the contents is home.

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That suck's sorry for your loss and don't give up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread