Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I'm watching Fortress of Roundness- a rerun of Diggers (which I'm not exactly proud of saying), and idiot #2- King George let's out what I believe to be an approximation of the Wilhelm Scream. I rewound it several times and it sounds accurate. Probably not the actual dubbed in Scream, but I think it's pretty close. You can YouTube the Wilhelm Scream to see what I'm talking about. Anyway, I thought I'd share it. It's a little like treasure hunting cause you never know when you'll stumble upon it, but when you find it you have no doubt what it is.
-Dr. Witty

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This video changed my opinion of them. It's of their personal finds. Some amazing stuff.

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should say instead that it's a guilty pleasure of mine to watch the show. I like how as a reality show they are not dirty or try to break the boundaries of good taste. I do like the goofiness and the hollering is silly good fun. Better than a lot of shows that just make you feel dirty for watching them.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the op really hysterical, so I naturally went to ytube to hear scream.
The Wilhelm scream was initially recorded for a 1951 Gary Cooper film �� Distant Drums. Scream was a man getting bit by an alligator.
Then in a 1953 western movie �� Charge at Feather River, the character "Wilhelm" gets an arrow �� in leg and the scream is reused/born as the Wilhelm Scream.
Sound Effects Director, Ben Burt, also included the scream in all Indiana Jones + Star Wars movies.
Thanks Dr.Whitty.
Peace ✌

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
This video changed my opinion of them. It's of their personal finds. Some amazing stuff.

It's too bad they don't act "normal" like that on their show, it might keep more of us interested in it. That video was how I would expect someone to behave while discussing a find, the better side if them I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread