SO !!! Is it warm enough where you live to get out yet ? Has your spring "sprung" ?

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next week baby!!!!!!!! Snow is melting, rain and 50s tomorrow. I just discover a 1688 map today that showed me some incredible thinGS that I will be investigating next week or weekend. I'm talking some damn early sites with some crazy history. And very hard to get to....just my kind of site

That's what I was hoping too. But I took a walk out to one of my 18th century spots and there's still a foot+ . Hopefully the rain/temp takes care of it. The problem in the woods is the tree cover, it doesn't get the sun.

skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the beach lake erie soft sand down to 5-6 inches then frozen rock hard need a jack hammer to go deeper same for the grassy area .Hopefully soon we will get a good thaw!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring has forgotten to Spring here :(
instead winter has Re-Sprung

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheeeeeesh
Tis almost over soon I hope.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low tide

You can always get the low tide. That's always soft and is the place to go. I got on my air view and found two wrecks that are uncovered on the beach. Their not far off the beach. I'll call my friend and get our kayaks out.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thirteen stinking degrees here this morning, with light dusting of snow. Lookin like it might be the last Hurrah for old man winter though. Temps expected to reach mid 60's by the latter part of the week.

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up to about an inch today, white everywhere! Streams are still frozen and the river is high. Not a good thing, 11* tonight for low. warning up by next weekend though and yesterday I stopped by a farm that had colonial militia training for years that I got permission to hunt last fall. talked a little history with owner and said it will be a couple weeks before I get over there to hunt. Still waiting in NY

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, spring has sprung here in Yacolt - Trillium are blooming , Skunk cabbage just coming up. :)

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, spring has sprung here in Yacolt - Trillium are blooming , Skunk cabbage just coming up. :)

I have to ask... Why do they call it "skunk cabbage" ?
Does it smell ?
Is it the coloring ?
Do skunks eat it ?
Build nests from it ?
Smoke it ?
Are skunks having cabbage parties ?
IS this a plant that is an endangered species due to all the skunks clear cutting it ?

Just kidding... really... why is this called this and why have I not been informed that sucha plant exists ? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions