Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last year I found a WW1 military infantry ring, It was the coolest thing I have ever found. It has been in my display case ever since, mixed in among my other rings, relics and coins.... When I found it I was able to get some history of the jewelry firm that made it, and some other pertinent facts behind the ring, and I considered myself lucky and proud to own it. Then, a couple of weeks ago, a Soldier who served our country as an Infantryman, had been desperately searching the interweb for an infantry ring, well he found an image of my ring, and through the Tnet site, he reached out to me and made an offer. We spoke over the phone, and I was struck how much he had deserved the ring, having served our country, and I was just a lucky detectorist who could hook him up. Now that the deal is done, I am thrilled that it belongs to him, and oh yea.. it fits him perfectly!!!
001.JPG

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
absolutely perfect !!!well done dave...:occasion14:

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a fantastic find alright and a fine gesture to part with it for the right person.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I found a WW1 military infantry ring, I was the coolest thing I have ever found. It has been in my display case ever since, mixed in among my other rings, relics and coins.... When I found it I was able to get some history of the jewelry firm that made it, and some other pertinent facts behind the ring, and I considered myself lucky and proud to own it. Then, a couple of weeks ago, a Soldier who served our country as an Infantryman, had been desperately searching the interweb for an infantry ring, well he found an image of my ring, and through the Tnet site, he reached out to me and made an offer. We spoke over the phone, and I was struck how much he had deserved the ring, having served our country, and I was just a lucky detectorist who could hook him up. Now that the deal is done, I am thrilled that it belongs to him, and oh yea.. it fits him perfectly!!!
View attachment 1131936
===========================================================
Where is that dang BANNER button at anyway?

AWESOME act of kindness

Hit

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Some of our finds mean a lot to us and we display and cherish them greatly; but sometimes they have a far greater meaning to someone else as in this case. I admire your letting that one go to a good and befitting home!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your kindness will be repaid one thousand times greater than you can even realize.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! Awesome!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it will mean a lot more to the man that wears it than a display case who shows it. Good job Big Wave Dave!:hello:

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This kind of thing makes me proud to work here. :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I found a WW1 military infantry ring, It was the coolest thing I have ever found. It has been in my display case ever since, mixed in among my other rings, relics and coins.... When I found it I was able to get some history of the jewelry firm that made it, and some other pertinent facts behind the ring, and I considered myself lucky and proud to own it. Then, a couple of weeks ago, a Soldier who served our country as an Infantryman, had been desperately searching the interweb for an infantry ring, well he found an image of my ring, and through the Tnet site, he reached out to me and made an offer. We spoke over the phone, and I was struck how much he had deserved the ring, having served our country, and I was just a lucky detectorist who could hook him up. Now that the deal is done, I am thrilled that it belongs to him, and oh yea.. it fits him perfectly!!!
View attachment 1131936
I salute you Dave, it is a good thing you did....[emoji106] [emoji482]

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello BigWaveDave,

Thank you for sharing the story! Your kindness is refreshing in a world of selfishness.

Regards,

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off, AWESOME find!! Secondly, very considerate move parting with it

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring could not be on a better hand, sir BigWaveDave, you are a real gentleman. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread