MD hanging storage idea

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been thinking about doing this for a while. It seemed like there was never enough closet space, or my detectors just piled up in a corner. I tried to find a decent used garment rack for several weeks but I finally gave up and paid for a new rack today at a bath and bed store. The rack was about $90 and then shock cord and several carabiners were another $10 at the hardware store. There are a variety of racks and prices if you look around that should fit about any space. I wanted one on wheels and stable enough not to tip over or collapse. This way they hang and I have two shelves for bags or coils. The rack is about 3ft W x 1.5ft D x 6.3ft H and I could hang a couple more machines if needed. Being on wheels it's easy to put into a guest room and move around if needed. I originally looked for some strapping and adjustable quick snaps instead of the shock cord but the store didn't have any. The simple loop-around method was cheap and simple. I just wrap it around the control unit or the coil mounting area depending on the case and machine inside. At one point I thought about attaching a loop to hang them by on the ends of the cases but was worried it would eventually fray and tear. Plus it seemed like too much work...

If you do something similar, but an improved version, please post some pictures with your results.

Attachments

• Rack..jpg
    Rack..jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Hanger.jpg
    Hanger.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 111

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have mine in the stairway to my cellar hung on pegs just wide enough to clear the shaft.

DSCN1554_zpst87asojq.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't done it yet, but want to use large tool hangers on the walk to hang my detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread