GNRS 2013:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea how you came up with that idea ? I just wondered if there was like 10 of each brand there or if there was more of one brand than another .. So in no way did i say it was fixed or there was cheating going on ….. Like in nascar there will be a owner with 5 cars and a owner with only one car . That is not cheating that is just the way it is .. You really took that the wrong way .

I remember reading the rules of the hunt, if I remember correctly there was about 20 hunters on each team with a few alternates for each team. The hunting area was divided into areas for each team, I don't know if a team was assigned an area or if it was the luck of the draw...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading the rules of the hunt, if I remember correctly there was about 20 hunters on each team with a few alternates for each team. The hunting area was divided into areas for each team, I don't know if a team was assigned an area or if it was the luck of the draw...
Found it, here are the rules for it....

Grand National Relic Shootout

Rules and Regulations

I. Control of the hunt

A. The final authority for interpreting and enforcing the rules of the GNRS hunt will be the Head Officiating Judge.

1. After the start of the hunt, all questions regarding the hunt shall be directed to the Head Officiating Judge, and not to the GNRS Hunt Committee members.
2. Contestants violating hunt rules, arguing or becoming offensive with a hunt official, will be dealt with at the discretion of the Head Officiating Judge.
3. The Head Officiating Judge may remove a contestant from a team or assess a point fine to that contestant’s team.

B. The Committe Members will assist the Head Judging in enforcing the rules of the hunt, and act as field safety officers.

C. The Head Officiating Judge will also be responsible for determining the scoring system, and will act chairman of the judging committee.
II. Teams

A. The GNRS hunt will consist of seven teams

1. Bounty Hunter including Radio Shack, Discovery, Teknetics
2. Fisher
3. Garrett
4. Minelab
5. Nautilus
6. Tesoro
7. Whites

B. The teams will consist of 19 members each, including the Team Captain

C. Team Captains will be responsible for keeping in communication with all of their team members, and relaying any information that the GNRS hunt committee sends to the teams.

D. During the GNRS signups, a maximum of 12 alternates for each team will be shown on the roster page. These alternates will be used to fill vacancies on the team.

E. If a vacancy occurs on a team, and there are no more alternates, the GNRS hunt committee will announce how the position will be filled.

F. After the GNRS Opening Ceremony is adjourned, no vacancies on any team will be filled, and that team must hunt short-handed.

G. Top pointer earners on each team will receive an automatic (free from any fees) position on next years hunt for only that team they scored those points on.

III. Equipment

A. The metal detectors that will be allowed to be used on each team must be brand specific to that team, except where noted above.

B. The detector and coils must be a production model available to the general public. No prototypes or special limited production models will be allowed.

C. Third party devices that are connected to machines and are of general availability to the public ie: after market coils and probes will be allowed, however internal alterations of the electronics of the detector/coil will not be allowed.

D. There will be no restrictions concerning accessories such as digging tools, headphones, pin-pointers, communication equipment, etc.

IV. Field rules

A. The boundaries of the hunt field will be set and explained to all contestants before the hunt.

B. No contestant, hunt official, or committee member may bring any relics or artifacts onto the hunt site at any time.

1. Any one who violates this rule will be immediately disqualified and asked to leave the hunt field.
2. Any point previously earned by someone in violation of this rule, will be subject to review by the Head Officiating Judge.

C. All contestants will submit to an equipment search and possible body scan by metal detector before entering the hunt field.
D. If a contestant has to leave the hunt field due to health needs, equipment problems, or for any other reason, then he/she may be checked again either by a judge or Huntmaster before re-entering the hunt field.
E. Each contestant will be allowed to hunt at his/her own pace, and take as many breaks inside the boundaries of the hunt field as they wish
F. Each contestant will be responsible for their own, equipment, food, and water.

1. Each constant may carry as much equipment as he/she deems necessary for the hunt. (Back-up detector, coils, etc)

G. Each contestant must fill all holes, after receiving their target.

1. If any hunt official sees a contestant not filling in their hole, then that contestant will receive a warning, and a piece of orange surveyor’s tape will be tied to the pole of that contestants detector. This “flagging will remain on the detector through out the hunt.
2. If a contestant violates this rule a second time, after receiving a warning, they will be asked to leave the hunt field for one hour, subsequent violations may result in disqualification.

H. Each team will be assigned a table and meeting area.

1. Team captains are responsible for having his/her team at their assigned meeting area at the start and end of each hunt session.
2. Each team table will have a log-in sheet on it. Each team member must sign off on the sheet every time they enter or leave the hunt field.
3. Each team is responsible for their own: equipment, water, food, and trash clean up.
4. Each team will receive a warning from a hunt official if their area is not kept clean.
5. If a team does not keep it’s area clean after receiving a warning, then 100 points will be deducted from their team score.

6. A second offense will lead to a 200 point fine.

I. The Huntmaster(s) will sound an air horn at the beginning of the lunch break, and at the end of the hunt day, that will signal all contestants to stop hunting, turn off their detector and return to their team meeting area.

1. If a contestant is in the process of digging a target when the horn sounds, he/she may continue to do so, but will have to turn off their metal detector immediately afterwards and return to their team meeting area.
2. All items found by each team must be turned into the judges, at their team table, at the beginning of the lunch break and at the end of the day’s hunt.
3. The items found by each team will not be returned to the finders until the end of the day of the hunt.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was posted on TN too, don't remember what section, couldn't find it in events......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread