Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Am I missing something here? I live in Florida and just maxed out my order of fifty bars per customer. Silver is a great investment! We should all buy in while it is at a low price. The fact that it is certified means that nobody will every question the validity of it. I know a good investment when I see one...you guys are missing out.

GIB, perhaps you should stop drinking and start thinking, your idea of a joke is a great investment.

Crispin

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago there were two mail order scams running in the ads sections of popular magazines.

The first one was an ad that simply read "Rush send one dollar now! Limited time offer!" He wasn't advertising or selling any item or services so they shut him down.

The second one the guy was selling a "Genuine US Government engraving" of a US President, authenticated and everything for the low price of one dollar... the engraving was a penny! :laughing7:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Am I missing something here? I live in Florida and just maxed out my order of fifty bars per customer. Silver is a great investment! We should all buy in while it is at a low price. The fact that it is certified means that nobody will every question the validity of it. I know a good investment when I see one...you guys are missing out.

GIB, perhaps you should stop drinking and start thinking, your idea of a joke is a great investment.

Crispin

I hope you are just being sarcastic! If not, then you apparently got hit on the head too many times with someone's Pet Rock.

Frank

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take my pet rock for a walk... but it is a real "drag".

I took him for a walk ... his leash came off... he has such a camouflage look to him that I could not even see him amongst the bunch of dumb rocks.

The guy I bought him from sold me some "diapers" for it ... but my rock is obviously house trained... damn idiot.
and he is was too expensive as well... 3 for another 100... sheesh... I found them for 5 for 100.

When walking him people always say "you know pets and owners act and look the same".

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you are just being sarcastic! If not, then you apparently got hit on the head too many times with someone's Pet Rock.

Frank

Sorry, Mr. Rocky must have gotten off his leash. He's the troublemaker of my house.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Stupid has nothing to do with it.

You folks act like you have never seen an advertisement before.

Ever buy a gallon of gas? Notice how the price is different at every station? Yet people still buy gas, every single day.

It is called marketing. What about an iphone? It certainly isnt worth the sum of its parts for the price they charge (typically $500+) but people wait in line to buy them for full price.

PRODUCTS ARE ONLY "WORTH" WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT.

Just because someone reads an advertisement and "falls for it", doesnt make that person stupid.

Are you stupid for reading the grocery store circular advertising a "sale" on celery at 99 cents per bunch. Oh and while you are there you also buy a 6 pack of beer and a box of cookies at full price.

Are we stupid, or just typical American consumers?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If folks are stupid enough to pay that kind of price for one ounce Silver Bricks, I wonder what they would pay for a one ounce Silver Rubber Ducky??:icon_scratch:

Frank

You got one Frank...? I've been looking all over.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ever buy a gallon of gas? Notice how the price is different at every station? Yet people still buy gas, every single day.

It is called marketing. What about an iphone? It certainly isnt worth the sum of its parts for the price they charge (typically $500+) but people wait in line to buy them for full price.

Just because someone reads an advertisement and "falls for it", doesnt make that person stupid.

Are you stupid for reading the grocery store circular advertising a "sale" on celery at 99 cents per bunch. Oh and while you are there you also buy a 6 pack of beer and a box of cookies at full price.

"It doesn't make then stupid".... It sure the hell does.... EACH AND EVERY TIME!!!!

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just calling a 1 ounce bar a "Vault Brick" is too funny , not to mention an unbelievable stretch of the imagination........
Vault Brick...:BangHead: .... LMAO.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

I've got to go with stupid.

When you have to move electrical outlets in the bathroom and shorten electrical hair dryer cords so the 'average consumer' can NO LONGER attempt to dry their hair in the bath tub- When you have to child proof laundry soap, warnings to not drink bleach or lean your aluminum ladder on electrical wires for support- or pay 5 times the value of something-

I gotta go with stupid.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, it does make the idiot who pays that much for an ounce of silver STUPID. I buy gas because I need to drive my car around, that has nothing to do with paying an outrageous amount for a common item. Paying $2.15 at one station or $2.17 a mile down the road is inconsequential, thats a saving of 20 cents for going out of my way. Not worth it. Yes people pay a huge amount for a silly iphone, but if you saw an ad for last years iphone for "only $2000", would you call the people who bought it as stupid? of course you would!

People who pay exorbitant amounts for painted quarters, gold plated replica coins and $2 bills with a pretty painted plastic sheet on them are STUPID!

Last edited:

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense meant to anyone,,,

BUT

GOOD LORD <HEADSHAKE IN DISBELIEF> :icon_scratch:

I have a name for people like this,,,I call em the "sheeple:

The sheeple do everything on TV,,buy stuff,,know the actors,,, talk about them,,,Use Home Shopping TV regularly ...
They believe everything the news tells them,,They also believe everything the government tells them,,,:laughing7:
Get all their required "vaccinations" ,,, and lots more,,,
EVERYONE knows at least one sheeple,, hahahahaha :icon_scratch:

I am STILL shaking my head at 57 bucks for an ounce of silver,,, INSANE

Hit

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thot there werent any stupid people anymore.just,"learning challenged"add,dadd,abcd etc.the last stupid people disapeared with political correctness.the super geniouses who fall for this are,"value challenged"and many of them are,"fiscally hyperactive"
I think there should be a federal study on the causes and effects of these maladies.we should pay 5 times what it should cost and get results that are,"truth defective"

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I served in the U.S. Army with a guy that served in Vietnam as a Combat Medic who was qualified to operate on the wounded in the field. However, after being out for awhile and having to go back through Basic Training, he lacked the common sense to put a Field Pack together correctly. Also, an old friend of mine was a genious at making money. Give him $50,000 and he could turn kit into $100,000 or more in 3 to 5 years. However, although a financial genious, he lacked the common sense to change a spark plug in a car's engine or even a boat motor. Where these two individuals dumb. No they weren't and they were far from it! However, folks that pay $57 for a one ounce Silver Bar that is supposedly Certified when they could have purchased a one ounce Silver Bar that was produced by a well known and respected Refiner for $20 or less off of eBay or many other sources, is just plain Stupid!!:icon_scratch:

Frank

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Just calling a 1 ounce bar a "Vault Brick" is too funny , not to mention an unbelievable stretch of the imagination........
Vault Brick...:BangHead: .... LMAO.

Edited to change to more appropriate wording!!

Not to mention that it makes it awkward or stupid to refer a beautiful woman who has the full package as being "built like a Vault Brick Out House".:icon_scratch::dontknow:???:icon_pale:

Frank

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You got one Frank...? I've been looking all over.

Sorry Brad, I don't have one and they take a while to make! You have to fill them with water and freeze them, so that when quickly dipped in Silver, all of the rubber doesn't melt and ruin the aesthetic lines of the Ducky.:tongue3::laughing7:

Frank

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This kinda bs needs to be more than regulated it needs to be stopped . I am sitting here enjoying treasure net topics and wife watching her daily legal shows you know kangaroo court and this so called lawyer ad comes across saying that if you cant walk but you are able to set down and even if you cannot you will get a check from the social security for your mishap ,I wont go there.. Then another I was paid over 500,00.00 and I can stand here and say that this lawyer helped me to obtain it. Damn over 500,000.00 and you can still talk sounds like a bump and run case. I get so sick and tired of these fraud lent on tv that cures sickness, finances, loans bring you back from the dead for a small fee when will it stop . Where I live or I mean to say where my wife works that the transit co. school busses have stooped to an all time low letting a scum bag lawyer plaster his lying all over 15 busses and they don't regret it . But then turn around and use my tax money for gas , and wear and tear and ask to have us give more cause our school district needs it but rides around with this clowns face ,so where is his money going???? Since typing this message there has been 5 different lawyers flash across my tv screen and captain kirk is representing one and oh wait and next week leonard nemoy even though dead will be cashing in. I need to sell some snake oil that cures dumb arse boy I would be a millionaire.Just send me 10.00 no just 2.00 and for that I will send 2 bottles just you know pay shipping and .Thank god for treasure net for you really want a dose of reality then sign in and see. Just venting, like Pt Barnum said you cant cure dumb arse oh wait it was a suckers born every day.vanzutphen

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if the kids had been taught to "think for themselves" we may not be at this point.

Let's see....hmmm, you know all that junk we have collected while detecting? What say you, we paint faces on it and market it as alien life forms, pets, good luck charms, etc. you name it! With the right pitch we could cash in!

Mean while, just keep finding that "free" silver & gold!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huntsman and sutphin we have rules on language, I edited it this time but may delete post next time, please post by our rules, we are family friendly. It violates our rules to use characters, spaces and any other means to by pass site sensor on language...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This kinda bs needs to be more than regulated it needs to be stopped . I am sitting here enjoying treasure net topics and wife watching her daily legal shows you know kangaroo court and this so called lawyer ad comes across saying that if you cant walk but you are able to set down and even if you cannot you will get a check from the social security for your mishap ,I wont go there.. Then another I was paid over 500,00.00 and I can stand here and say that this lawyer helped me to obtain it. Damn over 500,00.00 and you can still talk sounds like a bump and run case. I get so sick and tired of these fraud lent on tv that cures sickness, finances, loans bring you back from the dead for a small fee when will it stop . Where I live or I mean to say where my wife works that the transit co. school busses have stooped to an all time low letting a scum bag lawyer plaster his lying all over 15 busses and they don't regret it . But then turn around and use my tax money for gas , and wear and tear and ask to have us give more cause our school district needs it but rides around with this clowns face ,so where is his money going???? Since typing this message there has been 5 different lawyers flash across my tv screen and captain kirk is representing one and oh wait and next week leonard nemoy even though dead will be cashing in. I need to sell some snake oil that cures dumb arse boy I would be a millionaire.Just send me 10.00 no just 2.00 and for that I will send 2 bottles just you know pay shipping and .Thank god for treasure net for you really want a dose of reality then sign in and see. Just venting, like Pt Barnum said you cant cure dumb arse oh wait it was a suckers born every day.vanzutphen

Speaking of the lawyers.... Ever since my daughter and grandson's deaths last months I'm getting mail from LAWYERS now offering this and that.... it's SICK!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread