Help with new A T Pro

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to everyone I hope life is good, I just got my A T Pro I think it works well the problem that I am having is , when I elim out targets it still ring out this machine chatters a lot I ground balance it than manually add to that and lower my sensitivity and it still rings out, I have to go very slowly over my targets. Is this normal? I find my self having to stare at my gauge, and that is just not as much fun. I do have about 100 hours. Thank you

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Hunting in Pro Zero, disc at 40, with iron audio off . also hold coil up in air and jiggle it. If it sounds off there is a issue. Coil wire wrapped properly and plug secured ? Sure its not picking up your shoes ? LOL it happens

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you have a coil cover on..remove,clean and replace.can also try differant type of batts.my atp loves lithium ions

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been metal detecting for years, but new to the AT Pro. Its a noisy little bugger. Luckily I am able to pick out what I need from it and it produces well. Just got to learn to hear what it says.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure its not picking up your shoes ? LOL it happens

Hunting buddy has big metal plates in his arm, he shattered it in August for a reason he is embarrassed to talk about... he was messing around on a child's kick-scooter and flew off the thing on a hill. The metal detector goes into overload if it gets near his arm due to the metal in it.

Anyways, I recommend seeing if the wire from the box to the coil is put correctly, it made my metal detectors go crazy when the wire was not connected right. My T2 was overloading every 30 seconds so I sent it back, for no charge they fixed the whole coil and wiring and send it back, it works good as new now.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you detecting the same location when this happens, or all locations?
Bigfoot1 brings up a good point. I had "coke" dust, (burned coal), encrusted in my coil cover. AT went ballistic.
Odd or even ordinary EMI may effect all detectors.
Turn off cell phone.
GL
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread