Pinpointers

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
UPS delivered a Vibraprobe today at 4:30 and I just had to try it out. I think the best thing about the pinpointer is that I am not ripping my plugs apart to find the object. Only detected for a short while, but looking back in the yard, I could not see the usual brown spot left by ripping plugs apart. This has to be a plus with property owners who let you detect their property, not to mention the time it saves looking for the coin.
Bob

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob,
I had to buy one too. Now I can't do without it. They save so much time in locating the target. Now I need to buy my son one. Great MD tool for sure.
-MM-

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems a Vibraphone is a lot to lug around, but they sound nice.

RickVibesWeb6.jpg

:D

I've got a little Merlin SXL pinpointer that I like a bunch. Buzzes and vibrates when it finds a target and has an LED that lights up the hole and changes color when it goes off.

merlin3.jpg

I'd buy another right away if I lost this one.

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Pinpointers are a must. Sometimes with the right ground conditions,use the shovel to cut an opening and use the pinpointer to locate-- all without digging a plug.
HH

shadow0966

Sep 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX300,Tesoro Tejon
The bullseye II works the same way as your merlin charlie but it looks like your merlin is a bit smaller,I have to agree though before I got my pinpointer I was diggin canyons and ripping plugs like crazy.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am becoming super dependent with my pin pointer. I have a vmax4, and it is great when you are just surface hunting as well. I go to a place that I can't dig holes, so I use the detector to pick up the surface coins then I pass the pin pointer around the area and if it picks it up then I know I can retrieve the coin since it is right under the grass or barely in the dirt. I also use mine alot when digging too I am spoiled!

frednga

Apr 1, 2007
Union Point,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Teknetics T2
that's funny,I was gonna post a question today,to see if pinpointers were really necessary and help.Now I guess I just gonna have to spend more money to buy a pinpointer.Using my Cibola with 5.75 inch coil really didn't need it.Targets are much harder to locate using the stock coil.But now I have just bought cz5,it has 8 in coil seems pretty easy to pinpoint also,but sometimes it's hard to locate item also.I guess I will start looking for a used one.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never knew a dirt clod could look so much like a coin....The military should take notes from those coins...Thank God for pinpointers..I also use the Bullseye II and couldn't do without it. HH all.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my pinpointer, Bullseye. They really give you a easier time finding your finds.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love my bullseye II, I don't leave home without it!!

Hounddog

Mar 23, 2005
Bullseye II 140mm I spend much less time finding the target and I find the target, hate to think of all the holes that I filled back in and never found the target ::)

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
If anyone isn't sure about if they want a pinpointer, the Little Wizard pinpointers are $17.95 from Amazon & have about a 2" range. Not sure about warranty. HH, George (MN)

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
I have a teknetic pinpointer. I don't hunt without it, I have had to drive 5 miles back home because I've forgotten it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread