Cant replace memories when you lost jewerly[ stories of returned rings]

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't replace memories when you lost jewerly[ stories of returned rings]

Ever return sometime to it's owner? Boy the stories that come with returning things is so meaningful. I was thinking it would be nice to her everyone's story of their returns. One of my stories. I go into the beach office to see if people left any notes on lost items. Nothing. So I ended up finding this ring anyway. This vet got my tel number from the beach office and called me. He was telling me where he lost his ring and discribing the ring to me. When he was done. I told him that i had allready found the ring the day before. This was a custom made wedding ring that went thru the war with him. He had it for 37 years. Boy was he ever greatfull. Some stories are funny like this one. Put a class ring in the local paper. A mom calls me and tells me that her daughter took her class ring and lost it at the beach. The girl wanted to seem older for the boys. She lost it at the beach and never said anything to the mom about it. She saw my add and found out the truth about her ring. Lets her your stories.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankie, my story is one of regret. Regret that I never tried to find the ring my wife lost off her finger while we were throwing a Frisbee one day. We were in the front yard and a neighbor, his wife, and two boys were with us. After we grew tired of the game, we started into the house. That's when she noticed her ring was missing. Just a little cheap gold band with some hearts engraved into it; but it was her wedding band. Just sentimental value. I wasn't into MDing back then, in about 1965. After I started MDing, I always wondered if I might find that little ring; but never took the time or trouble to drive the distance and see if I could get permission. For all I know, that little ring could still be there in that yard.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This was the most memorable return to me. Myself and a friend were hunting Pismo Beach, CA, one day when I was on vacation. I'd found a bling ring and some change, he was doing the blanket line where the sunbathers lay, and found a silver bracelet that said, "I (heart) my soldier." A father and a young lady arrived at the beach with a rake and were raking sand. My friend saw them, walked over and asked what they were looking for. She described the bracelet, and he then had a crying young woman to contend with, thank God her father was there. Her soldier was deployed in Iraq.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: Friend of the family that owns some good past permissions. Contacted me, said his wife lost a 1/4-1/2 carat diamond stud earring. I looked in the area with a machine but could not find it. Tested the machine on the other earring and it could not pick it up the gold post was Sooo small. I decide to squat down a little and use the sun to reflect the diamond. I found it with my eyes in about 30 seconds. :laughing7: He offered me $20 I refused, he insisted and I accepted. :thumbsup: It was a wedding gift so it had a lot of meaning to them !! :occasion14:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this is an important thread.I am a recovery member for,"theringfinders.com"....I have had the smiles,the hugs,the tears.If a well equipt and skilled member here is interested in expieriencing such joy just contact chris at the site I listed and apply.

I can say without reservation that the most meaningful finds you may ever expierience may happen this way.VERY fulfilling and I have many...my best memories detecting.

cheers

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting one afternoon at my favorite lake and this rather frantic young man came up to me. He spoke no English but in gestures seemed to be saying he had lost a gold necklace and was asking for my help. Of course I said, then my heart sank a bit when I realized he was saying that what he had lost was a charm, and a tiny one at that, for a necklace. My Tiger Shark is great at finding gold, but a tiny charm is really tough. You have to listen hard and dig every crackle and grunt it makes, which I did for maybe 40 minutes, with the guy right at my elbow and practically on top of me every time I stopped to dig piece after tiny piece of junk. I am a patient person, and hunter but I was darn near out of it. Finally I am beyond happy to pick up the tiny charm and hand it back to him. Two seconds later I was back to damn, because the guy was now gesturing that he had actually lost TWO charms. I hunted for the other one for a while longer and never found it.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After reading the replies, I'm wondering. Does anyone live in Ft. Worth? I wonder if someone might want to try to find the little ring I mentioned in my earlier reply. I'd have to go Google up the location. It's been so long, I can't seem to remember the address, but on the map, I could find it again.

Lori999

Oct 15, 2012
Northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once found a silver bracelet for a good friend. His wife bought it for him years before and it fell off while he was mowing. A year later he asked and there I was sweeping his yard with him following me. Talk about pressure! It only took about 20 minutes. When I saw the silver glint beneath the grass I called him over and let him pull it out of the dirt. We jumped around hugging and high fiving. I'm sure his neighbors were wondering what was going on : ) later that day I found my first large cent....karma? What a great day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread