WE NEED TO SAVE!

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been privileged to to save a monument. Please we are a few votes short. Please help!
Santa Susana Field Lab National Monument Petition
the site of the Santa Susana Field Laboratory is in need of Your Help. This location was very Important for Our Space Program. in fact if it was not for the important work done at this Laboratory, I doubt we would have landed men on the Moon in the 1960's.
The Location, up in the Santa Susana Mtns. between the San Fernando & Simi Valleys Northwest of Los Angeles is under threat of being sold off to the highest bidder - who will then, no doubt, move to build hundreds of Mcmansions , destroying beautiful Oak covered hills, displacing wildlife and threatening a very significant Native American Ceremonial location. the Tongva and Chumash Indians performed Winter Solstice rituals in the area of Burro Flats, there are altered rocks that catch the Suns rays at set times around the Solstice and there are a number of pristine Pictographs in caves and in Rock Shelters in the Area.

Please click on this link and sign the Petition to push the Government to designate the entire area a National Historical Monument. This will save the structures that played such an Important role in America's Space Program and it will most assuredly protect the significant Native American sites as well, not to mention save more local Wilderness from Developers..

Here's the Link: https://www.change.org/p/president-o...m_medium=email

Here's a picture on one of the Rock Art Panels in the area
Name: 10926840_10203686487343424_3453433877842502794_o.jpg
Views: 155
Size: 73.2 KB

I figure plenty of Good Folks on this site would like to help out this important local cause....Thank You !!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you dont mention if this publically owned land is open for any use by me(the public)can I hike,camp,metal detect,anything?If its just another govt.piece of land I cant visit then I hope it sells.there are ample laws protecting the indian sites I'm sure you are aware...nobody in california is gonna develop a known historically significant site.
secondly if I help,"save"this land and we are sucessful....who gets to visit this land and what public uses will be available to me and my family.

your request is incomplete imo at this time.I await further info.

whats really going on here?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you dont mention if this publically owned land is open for any use by me(the public)can I hike,camp,metal detect,anything?If its just another govt.piece of land I cant visit then I hope it sells.there are ample laws protecting the indian sites I'm sure you are aware...nobody in california is gonna develop a known historically significant site.
secondly if I help,"save"this land and we are sucessful....who gets to visit this land and what public uses will be available to me and my family.

your request is incomplete imo at this time.I await further info.

whats really going on here?

Weather I ever visit this site, weather its public or private. I brought this on here to preserve a past. We all on the many forums do a great job in making sure history is preserved. I am just making sure that you and all members on this forum are informed. I am helping! I have seen sites of Native American destroyed. and if I can help to save one then I am richer as the rest of our society. Sign or don't, We are free to make those choices. But lets make sure our choices reflect our direction going forward.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
after finding the answers for myself I have to say there is unlikely anywhere I have ever heard of more in need of clean up.I am blown away.the worst nuclear disasters in u.s.history and more than a few.open pit burning of contaminated materials,poisened wells,outrageous cancer rates for workmen.complete disreguard for normal containment practices.

the new agreement is going to save a launch pad and control bldg.leaving it as it is now seems irresponsible.it is private property owned by boeing and so many lawsuits attached to it that we may never see clean up completed in our lifetimes.the plan to make it parkland is in flux as well.I wouldnt want to visit that land now lest I start to glow.No way to make it residential land without unbelievable liability.save this place?I hope you dont mean leave it like it is.It should be epa superfund site.

read more here..
Santa Susana Field Laboratory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

look this up...unreal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
after finding the answers for myself I have to say there is unlikely anywhere I have ever heard of more in need of clean up.I am blown away.the worst nuclear disasters in u.s.history and more than a few.open pit burning of contaminated materials,poisened wells,outrageous cancer rates for workmen.complete disreguard for normal containment practices.

the new agreement is going to save a launch pad and control bldg.leaving it as it is now seems irresponsible.it is private property owned by boeing and so many lawsuits attached to it that we may never see clean up completed in our lifetimes.the plan to make it parkland is in flux as well.I wouldnt want to visit that land now lest I start to glow.No way to make it residential land without unbelievable liability.save this place?I hope you dont mean leave it like it is.It should be epa superfund site.

read more here..
Santa Susana Field Laboratory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

look this up...unreal.

Because of our modern flaws and ignorance, still does not justify destroying the past. I have been informed we do have amount of petitions. So those that did Sign THANK YOU. Really its not about what we do now, but how its judged in the future. I personally want mine, is judged That I held the past sacred.

OP
OP
C

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How can it be sacred if it's already a pit?
Is this a pit? Its our heritage. We maybe a modern society and have made the mess, does not give us the right to erase those that have came before us. I have seen this happen on many scales. Md'iers as well as artifact hunters, seek out the past. sorry but its our past and I seek. What ever happened in my life time I will not destroy for another persons life time.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is it a Native Ametican site is not protected?
MD'ers did not pollute the site so how are we guilty? I don't understand the point of the problem.
Please explain?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Is this a pit? Its our heritage. We maybe a modern society and have made the mess, does not give us the right to erase those that have came before us. I have seen this happen on many scales. Md'iers as well as artifact hunters, seek out the past. sorry but its our past and I seek. What ever happened in my life time I will not destroy for another persons life time.

I think you missed the point!

OP
OP
C

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe your right. or I did not explain. Not sure which is right. I am doing this to save the past. I will be on a mission to save what was before us. and not what we have left behind in our destruction. I have seen many rock art, but to lose one... no way I draw a line in the sand, mud, dirt and will protect if I have the ability.
The point is we are the patrons of what we choose to save. Mine is saving the past. It is already done for the meeting is starting.

OP
OP
C

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How is it a Native Ametican site is not protected?
MD'ers did not pollute the site so how are we guilty? I don't understand the point of the problem.
Please explain?

Really we are the solution. There are many sites on private land not protected. some that have little or no exposure. Boeing a giant in aviation is not going to disclose. left unchecked will allow the destruction. We are the people that protect the past, preserve and give it to the future. Maybe I have my head in the sand but its looking for the past.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
at this point all I can say is,"you can keep your plan and your doctor"I'm not buying anything you are selling.You just said you won and got all the petitions you need.....really?Do you know how many federal lawsuits are in play that trump your petitions.
I'll only ask this once....do you,or have you ever worked for or work for at this time....nasa,boeing,raetheon,martin muerita,lieberscope,or any other federal organization that would benifit from your efforts?

I ask because after researching whats really happening(you know...the stuff you left out)I am appauled.
This place should be ripped apart...cleaned...dug up...cleaned and is a scar to our national conciounceness.I cant spell...but I know a skunk when I smell it.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
btw chase
I believe your heart is in the right place as I digest this.But I also know that nobody is gonna mess with those indian sites without risking federal prison.I also know that saving those ugly old buildings means nothing to anyone when a hazmat suit is required to visit them.Ya gotta pick your battles and I vote for saving the indian caves and absolutely removing and restoring the land to a point where the embarrasment of what happened there is long forgotten,all of it,save nothing.

My simpleton take on it....I suspect you meant well.

OP
OP
C

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
bigfoot1, I have found sites from 12,000 BP and have seen the PHD's come from it. A book written about it. I have a site that "WAS" 9,000 BP now is a barn. I have been hunting artifacts since 1967. I have seen what modern man can do. But it is what behind that means to be save. I am not a corporate person and hold little regard for those that can swing a pen to get what they want. I have seen the dead sea scrolls, the king Tut exhibit, Visited Mesa Verde and countless others. I explore the past. Nothing was won today, just a chance to speak. I hold no vested interest, other than a member I respect from another forum wanted help. I would do the same for you.
Really, I do not want to be argumentative but for me to destroy a past for our actions in the former present seem ludicrous. I thank you, But Simpleton "NO" We do hold the future and it is what we do is what makes the difference. What we have done is apart of that history and let our future generations judge us. But lets not destroy our past however contaminated it may be now.

OP
OP
C

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bigfoot1 I apologizes. I have not earned the right on this forum. But I do speak my mind. I would say we can agree to disagree. Thank you!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all good chase,you make good points.btw,I was calling myself a simpleton..:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread