28.2 KB · Views: 115

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but what you have there is not Aztec, or even Native American for that matter... it's just a rock.

OP
OP
B

Bmoe

Mar 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am by far not a professional, so that puts us in the same boat BUGS!!! or either your blind one its not regular rock all this is on ancient red sand stone its only found 3 places in the world. Instead of replying to all my threads why don't you do some research before you comment. Check my next post out and tell me what these are!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red sandstone (ancient or otherwise) is quite common and found world-wide. Iron oxidation in sand occurs worldwide....giving it the red pigment. Almost all southwestern states have it....it is also quite prevalent in Africa....New England....UK....Mexico.

I see nothing of Aztec nature in this thread or the previous thread with the faces. I'm not saying they are not Aztec....I'm just saying I don't see it. They look like slag or rocks as previously stated by others. I would guess the % of it being Aztec has a decimal point in front of the first number.

With the bean thread....you might have something there. However I am skeptical that any beans from that period would have already sprouted or be quite a distance underground at this point. If they were on the surface I would guess decomposition would occur...not fossilization. If they were found in some sort of cloth sack or container....then I'd be game to hop on your train.

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am by far not a professional, so that puts us in the same boat BUGS!!! or either your blind one its not regular rock all this is on ancient red sand stone its only found 3 places in the world. Instead of replying to all my threads why don't you do some research before you comment. Check my next post out and tell me what these are!

Are you serious? I was trying to inform you in a polite way that your artifacts are just plain old rocks. In fact several people have told you the exact same thing.

Red sandstone doesn't make it an Aztec artifact, it makes it red sandstone, the Aztec people used obsidian and lots of other materials. A quick Google search will show the detail in Aztec artifacts, and what you have doesn't even appear to be an artifact of any kind.

Every pointy rock isn't an arrowhead, and every stain isn't a hieroglyph, there are rocks in Ohio that look just like peanut butter eggs, tan inside and chocolate brown on the outside, but they are not fossilized peanut butter eggs even though that is what they resemble.

After your fifth or six post I decided to tell you that you can post all your rocks in one thread and that they are not artifacts. If that bothers you perhaps you should stop trying to pass off ordinary rocks as Aztec artifacts.

There is a specific section of this forum for Indian artifacts, you should be posting your rocks there, I'm sure the actual professionals will tell you the same thing I have... they are just rocks...

Check out these Aztec artifacts... guitar picks fashioned from RED SANDSTONE! :laughing7: Gem Plectrum - Red Sandstone - Crystal Tones | Timber Tones

th

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Bmoe, what the others are telling you is correct. You're "seeing too much" in your rocks, which are ... uh ... nothing more than rocks, slag, etc..

Reminds me of the newbies on the beach, digging their first aluminum can nuggets (molten slag resulting from cans thrown on beach bonfires, then strewn around by the surf): They look at the odd-shaped pellets, and are ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED they have found "silver nuggets". Or "parts of a shipwreck". They muse if they should send them off to a scientific lab. for analysis! But then we have to burst their bubble and tell them they're finding modern can nugget junk :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread