I blame all of yall for this

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Re: I blame all of ya'll for this

I do have a consolation for you. In my opinion after 1 to 1.5 years you will no longer be obsessed with it. It will become more of a hobby then. Then again a lot depends on the place you live and the amount of time you have....

OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs

ivan salis said:
P.S. you ain't getting rich from this most likely.--- you must post your finds with lots photos of course----just thought I'd warn ya. ;D by the way which machine did you get? is the schooner from---cheaspeake area md ? Ivan

Ivan,
In answer to your and others' camera questions, yes, I have a good camera. Hope I'll find something worthy to post.
I ordered the Garrett ACE 250.
The schooner pic is from the Puget Sound, Wa area. It's just a picture of my ship. ::) Got to carry all my soon-to-be-found goodies home in something.
Thanks for all the dire warnings. I think I already suffer from a few of those problems. The only one I didn't get was from txkickergirl "3) real estate agents know your name make and model of your car". Not sure what that means.
Oh! And thank you all for the hearty welcome!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GUILTY! But also EXCELLENT! M ;D nty

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX

The real estate people know who you are and the car you drive because you are always looking for old houses to search. A "For Sale" sign on an abandoned old farm house will have you calling in a heartbeat.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900

Welcome Lefitte,

This is a nice place to be. You will find much help.

Tom

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Charlie, have you been looking' in my car trunk again??!! ;D

Ahhhh, Lafitte, you're almost there! Ya still need a 'gator tool, cargo pants, a pinpointer, headphones, mini shovel, 151 batteries, and a junk bag. The detector is ONLY the beginning! And you'll enjoy that ACE; I love mine.

Welcome to the forum and Happy Hunting!! 8) -Noodle

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT

Welcome to TNet!

It's all true...

Being late for work? Oh yeah! (wait.. wait... I can look for ten more minutes)

Sneaking out to search at odd times? Oh yeah! (I've been known to hit the beach after work... I get off work at 1:30 a.m. ;D)

Great support from the members here? Oh yeah! (Thanks, folks... from another unsuspecting 'fly' caught in your diabolical web!)

Love your Ace 250? Oh yeah! (I do!)

Try not to get too frustrated at first, it keeps getting better!

HH - Kilika

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Lafitte you gave me a good laugh !, and yesplease post plenty of pics ;) love to see what you find, goodluck and i will look forward to your post

OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs

BioProfessor said:
The real estate people know who you are and the car you drive because you are always looking for old houses to search. A "For Sale" sign on an abandoned old farm house will have you calling in a heartbeat.

Wow, that was a dumb question since I'm a realtor here in Wa state. Can't say that I've seen any odd, strangely clothed, and tool belt equipped TH types lurking about my clients' properties. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them now. Thanks for the warning.

Ohhhh wait....me.....realtor....old houses.....Hmmmm....... Nah. I'd never think like that.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

there with ya, the creek I fished my whole life, might as well not even have water now, I'm slightly out of casting range and holding a more expensive rod now. still my favorite place on earth just serves a different purpose.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, wer'e very proud of ourselves!!

Welcome, Fossis..................

OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs

Noodle said:
Charlie, have you been looking' in my car trunk again??!! ;D

Ya still need a 'gator tool, cargo pants, a pinpointer, headphones, mini shovel, 151 batteries, and a junk bag. The detector is ONLY the beginning! And you'll enjoy that ACE; I love mine.

Welcome to the forum and Happy Hunting!! 8) -Noodle

Thank ya Noodle. Pinpointer is on it's way with the ACE. The other stuff I have covered.
151 batteries? Wouldn't you normally want them in increments of 2? ;)

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Welcome aboard Lafitte.

You will soon find your way of thinking has changed. By that I mean when you drive by an old home, it is not just an old home, it is a possible hunting site. The better finds are the older finds and are located at the older homes. School yards are not just for the little kids any more, the big kids with detectors will want to play there too. Beaches are not places for sunbathing and swimming any more they are renewable coin and jewelry resources. You detector will become like your credit card, never leave home without it. Vacations will become a Metal Detecting hunting trip. Open fields are no longer pastures for cows, they become possible Civil War battle grounds.

Any way, be sure to post you finds when you get them. Happy Hunting and welcome to TN and the wonderful world of Metal Detecting.

Ray

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Lafitte, you're always gonna drop one that rolls where you can't reach it. :D -Noodle

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Lafitte, now not even a psychologist nor psychic can help you it's to late! ;D
Go out and feed your addiction! ;D

Oh, by the way welcome...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread