Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone joining a MD forum expecting to read about, discuss and debate all things relating to the hobby could be in for a surprise …

Random Thoughts on Metal Detecting Forums | John Winter
I know what you mean there is more talk about there personal problems , What is happing with them . Good or bad . Corny jokes and remarks .. And now and then you get the cyber bullies on here.... Some times i do not think i am on a treasure forum.. I think it is more like Facebook or tweeter than a treasure forum ... And i do not go into Facebook or tweeter . To me my personal life is private to my family and myself.. And that is a very good article ... Very true hard to find a true treasure forum now a days..

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't a metal detecting forum...its a treasure hunting forum with many different categories, like the General Discussion you just posted on...I think each forum stays on topic for the most part.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Build a better mousetrap.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This isn't a metal detecting forum...its a treasure hunting forum with many different categories, like the General Discussion you just posted on...I think each forum stays on topic for the most part.
That is true but i wish there was a true treasure hunting forum some were.. Some get off topic so far on here with corny jokes & personal problems good & bad..

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
So... go forth and produce the perfect metal detecting forum.

Make it better, run it properly, be a stunning success.

OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Point taken and I understand ... all forums are different!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is true but i wish there was a true treasure hunting forum some were.. Some get off topic so far on here with corny jokes & personal problems good & bad..
John said he found one.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You know to come right down to it .. These treasure forums would be down right boring if all we talked about was , metal detecting & treasure... Could be the reason Tnet is the most popular treasure forum around..Well to me it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You speak a lot of sense, Keppy!
I'm pleased that my post was the catalyst for dialogue.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You know to come right down to it .. These treasure forums would be down right boring if all we talked about was , metal detecting & treasure... Could be the reason Tnet is the most popular treasure forum around..Well to me it is.

I agree with Keppy, and as far as staying on treasure topic, Mr. Winter is probably including me. People post something, it brings out a memory, I'm old, about all I have left is memories, and I like to share them. I try to stay on topic in a particular thread, which is why I like TNet, treasure comes in many forms, and TNet does a good job of covering the field and then some. I enjoy trying to help someone figure out what they found, and if I had to just read about what people find, I don't think I'd be here long. Sure, I'm human, and I can eat my heart out when someone finds something really great, but everyday clad and poptabs are boring to find and even worse to read about.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNet would be pretty boring if all we talked about was treasure.:sadsmiley:

SS

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNet is much more than just a Treasure forum, it is the original and the oldest Treasure Hunting forum on the net (20 years old on Aug 8, 2015) TreasureNet has over 265 forums and is also the most active treasure website with the most daily unique visitors and page hits per day by far.....

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite often I get in a rut with metal detecting, but I soon get inspired after a couple of hours on TreasureNet looking at great finds, and bloody banner finds from that Crusader :laughing7:

SS

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the way the forum is a place to gather and exchange ideas, jokes and their life experiences! It's a great way to connect with people you wouldn't normally get a chance to!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNet is much more than just a Treasure forum, it is the original and the oldest Treasure Hunting forum on the net (20 years old on Aug 8, 2015) TreasureNet has over 265 forums and is also the most active treasure website with the most daily unique visitors and page hits per day by far.....

So much so that for me it is impossible to keep up with it all. There must 200+ new posts per day and I knew as soon as I registered there would be no way in hell to keep up with it all.

I basically pick my favs (about 8-10) and stick to them. I am guessing most people do the same.

Living in Colorado there is not much interest for me in the Shipwreck section. Sure I took a gander and it is filled with totally awesome stuff...but it's not something I'll check on a daily basis. Same for the treasure legends...just not my thing.

It's great this place has something for everybody however. If it was JUST metal detecting or JUST treasure hunting.....it would not be what it is today. No doubt about that.

Every large forum I have seen on the internet has a decent "off-topic" section for silly images and craziness. It would be strange if TN did not have it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much so that for me it is impossible to keep up with it all. There must 200+ new posts per day and I knew as soon as I registered there would be no way in hell to keep up with it all.

I basically pick my favs (about 8-10) and stick to them. I am guessing most people do the same.

Living in Colorado there is not much interest for me in the Shipwreck section. Sure I took a gander and it is filled with totally awesome stuff...but it's not something I'll check on a daily basis. Same for the treasure legends...just not my thing.

It's great this place has something for everybody however. If it was JUST metal detecting or JUST treasure hunting.....it would not be what it is today. No doubt about that.

Every large forum I have seen on the internet has a decent "off-topic" section for silly images and craziness. It would be strange if TN did not have it.
Far more than 200 new posts a day, so far today since midnight there have been 916 new posts and 74 new threads and there is still 5 hours and 13 mins left today..

Daily Stats New Members: 17
New Threads: 74
Monthly Stats New Members: 979
New Threads: 3564

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread