Capt redbeard

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2015
El Jo bean
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Pirate Pro, Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So I am a Florida home grow and this winter I have had a real problem with the tourists. I come on to my beach and see people metal detecting which is cool. But when I see them I go to another part of the beach ,mark out a spot, and these people eventually come over walk right through where my spot on the side opposite of where they were is and start detecting.

Its in plain sight that I have marked out a spot for myself. I didn't go to where they are yet Poof here they are coming through my stomping grounds. Now with this one OLE lady she has done it 3 times now on different days. She did it a fourth and I let her know if it happened again I would take her equipment and throw it in the water, or we would go fist to fist. Yes I told an old lady would go fist to fist and I don't care. If you are rude and distrustful im quick to teach any and all a lesson. I am after all the full definition of a pirate.

It might sound harsh but 1 I have zero respect for tourists in my neck of the woods. And 2 after 3 times of being warned that hey this is my spot you have the rest of the beach goes ignored then yeah I tend to get a bit upset...... Anyone else have this problem?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you mark the beach as yours?

I've watched the people in front of me, and the way they swing the coil and speed moving forward, they are only hitting the big can's and umbrellas parts anyhow.

I appreciate them getting the big trash out of my way.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You almost got me...for a second I thought you were serious.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anything you posted is true,I cant believe anyone would threaten an elderly lady for detecting a PUBLIC beach.Its not yours,it feels like yours,you treat it like yours....but it isnt yours.Get up earlier.Move somewhere else.
I live in a ski town all my life and know alot about dealing with tourists.You seem to not have any idea how to co-exist.If I ever end up at a beach you consider yours and you threaten me with fists it wouldnt end well.

my advice....chill..they dont know or care about your special little personal rules.The police would happily consider it threats of bodily harm and arrest you.Judge could bar you from being within 100ft.of sand.chill..have a beer and watch them detect areas you finished by 7.00 a.m.

what a proud guy,hope your carma runs over your dogma

Last edited:

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Nana Rosa is visiting in Florida and today she was MD on the beach(it must have been privately owned) and somebody grabbed her Apex 2000 Can Master and threw it in the ocean. Go figure.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 66 and Fla born as well, our beaches are public owned not private, the old lady had as much right to detect there as you do, you threaten to assault an old lady, not cool at all...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So I am a Florida home grow and this winter I have had a real problem with the tourists. I come on to my beach and see people metal detecting which is cool. But when I see them I go to another part of the beach ,mark out a spot, and these people eventually come over walk right through where my spot on the side opposite of where they were is and start detecting.

Its in plain sight that I have marked out a spot for myself. I didn't go to where they are yet Poof here they are coming through my stomping grounds. Now with this one OLE lady she has done it 3 times now on different days. She did it a fourth and I let her know if it happened again I would take her equipment and throw it in the water, or we would go fist to fist. Yes I told an old lady would go fist to fist and I don't care. If you are rude and distrustful im quick to teach any and all a lesson. I am after all the full definition of a pirate.

It might sound harsh but 1 I have zero respect for tourists in my neck of the woods. And 2 after 3 times of being warned that hey this is my spot you have the rest of the beach goes ignored then yeah I tend to get a bit upset...... Anyone else have this problem?

Nope, I have no problems with tourists,they are welcomed to "my" state.
I have less problems with pirates as they avoid me since the last one was taken care of.

GoteRider

Greenie
Feb 16, 2015
Ga.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He does not play well with others. What gos around comes around. If you kick a dog it might bite you. THINK BEFORE YOU ACT.

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty bad man i was with you till you threatened granny.

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 66 and Fla born as well, our beaches are public owned not private, the old lady had as much right to detect there as you do, you threaten to assault an old lady, not cool at all...

absolutely. makes no sense. Metal detecting on a beach is first come first serve, as it is public.

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope your carma runs over your dogma...I had to read it twice and then almost fell out of my chair laughing :) This can't be a real post as no one can be that much of a jerk.... This would be the same type of guy yelling at the neighbor kids to get off of his lawn. -grumpy-old-man.jpg

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Capt redbeard, do you own the beach front prop that the older woman
and other tourists were on, and even if you do threatening violence is
prob going to get you into trouble, just tell them its private and leave
or you will call the cops.
i lived in fl for 11yrs and didnt know some of the north end of clearwater
beach was private, until my 3rd yr there, and a lot of other beaches are
private too. IIRC the cops said below hightide was public, above that its
owned by homeowner, or the business owner thats there

an fyi
Bar Journal Article

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with all the posts here, personally I don't mind if someone else went over an area before me, I can still find things all the time! I just go a little slower. I have detected cellar holes in small areas over 10 times and still find things! Maby they are just a recreational detectorist or they are using a what I would call backup detector..Its always cool to pull something that everyone else missed!!! Be a professional, curtious, and helpful! Especially to other detecorists!!! You ever think maybe she was trying to learn a few things by watching what you were doing? Its not about the money my friend its about the journey!!!

oldsurfer

Feb 22, 2015
Florida West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Whites Coinmaster Classic III (oldie!), Bounty Hunter Land Tracker, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, Capt., I really don't have 'this problem'. I'm a new member to Tnet also, but I hope this is just a joke! 'YOUR' beach?!? Gee, I've lived in Florida for over 40 years (and been huntin Fl. beaches for 30), and still don't own my very own beach :icon_scratch:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well to quote your own catch phrase, "We are all pirates in one way or another." :tongue3:

OP
OP
C

Capt redbeard

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2015
El Jo bean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
To those of you who got it, thank you for not taking it seriously :notworthy:

OP
OP
C

Capt redbeard

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2015
El Jo bean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Easy bigguy these are stories that I get told and not my own actions. most people know I lay out good stories every now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread