Is there such a thing as Addiction to MDing?????

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there such a thing as Addiction to MD'ing?????

Do they make a (MDA) Metal Detectors Anonymous for people addicted to this hobby? Does it mean I'm addicted to Metal Detecting if I have these two photos as my profile pic and cover photo on FB???????? :goldmedalred: XP4.JPG family1.JPG

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well chief, I consider this our MDA place. It starts innocent enough but can turn into an obsession. I will look past a pretty woman and dream of what coins are in the ground around her. I got it bad. Good luck and happy hunting.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Steve; ;Your hooked. No Cure. Relax, Take a deep breath and refocus on : I got to go digging, I got to go digging, I got to go digging ...... !!!! :laughing7: PEACE:RONB

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve I got up this morning and it was about 29°. Thought I'd stay home today but after looking through the posts of some really great.....sorry I really don't have time to finish this message.... I'm out the door Deus in hand

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No medical cures. Just take machine outside....doctors orders. Now get to beeping.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will tell you how bad it is!!!! Do you sleep with you detector?

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I notice everyones jewelry for the first time since I got into md'ing.I pick up every penny I see laying about.I have a poster of a nice shovel in my workshop(she's a beauty)

yup...right there with ya..:occasion14:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fantasize about colonial dirt all the time. Sometimes I work 3 super long days so I can detect the other few. Yeah it's pretty bad. My gf asked me if I loved my tree coin more than her. I tried to make her feel better by telling her I loved them exactly the same lol. I'm not quite sure that was the answer she was looking for

OP
OP
MD'erStEvO

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are freakin' HILARIOUS....

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I and probably 99% of the forum regulars would comment the we fail to see the problem, lol
BB

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
yes, and there is no such thing as metal detecting anonymous
so go with the flow
HH

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being good at deep knee bends helps satisfy the addiction for MD'tecting. HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello MD'erStEvO,

Unfortunately, Medical science has no cure for the Metal Detector Virus (MDV). There have been some gains in experimental drugs by the following companies: Garrett, Fisher, Deus, Whites, Minelab…etc. Using their products, fresh air, digging plugs and extracting coins, jewelry and relics seem to help with the persistent symptoms. Sorry for the bad news.

Regards,

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
addicted to MD do you have 6 detectors 3 sand scoops, all kind of digging tools, Drive 100's of miles in a day to detect. Then maybe spent the night to detect the net day. You only have 2 pictures let see what you will have and do in a few yrs then you may be addicted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread