So,,,what do you drive and more important,,whats in your trunk?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Toyota Rav 4

DSCN1430_zpsc3747d7c.jpg

DSCN1474_zpsfe02e372.jpg

And not seen are the two tool boxes, first aid kit, six pack of bottled water, shovel, waders, chest pack, net and collapsable fly rod that ride in the locker under the bed carpet.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
96 Plymouth voyager...carry work tools and supplies, two detectors, 2 pin pointers, couple of shovels, 2 trowels, 2 ladders strapped to roof, glove box full of 9 volt batteries, radar detector, dash cam, gloves, hat,1 laptop, pillow case, duct tape, zip ties, candy...as you maybe able to tell this is my work van. Personal Vehicle..98 grand Caravan prime time...carry 2 detectors, 2 pin pointers, shovel, 2 trowels, tv, gloves, hat, radar detector, pillow case for junk.

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOOOOOL

Thats mine

majesty.jpg

all the gear in the backpack easy to park 110miles with £13 of petrol in town :)

RR

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In all honesty, I have been considering getting a smaller, economical car to back up my 2011 F150. I love my truck, and its paid off so I'll definitely keep it, but a small car like a Yaris or something would be beneficial for daily detecting runs. Now that I'm officially retired (at 56, woot!), I got all the time I need to detect... as long as the honey-do's get done.

Then again, a full-size Ford van would be nice. I could use it to cart all my gear with me to the coast and use it to change in, which would be a real plus in the winter. I don't think that any one of us could have the best of all things, just a settlement - a vehicle that generally covers all areas of this hobby with equal skill. Have I turned this thread into a, "What is the best vehicle for detecting thread?" Is that's the case, probably a Landrover Discovery or a Jeep XJ maybe. A Subaru Forester would get you the AWD for winter, provide a place to crash or change, and still give you decent mileage... but who wants to be seen in one? HAHA! :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these days '99 Explorer

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

Nothing in the back yet , as you can see by the hood
still a bit of Ice here & with a prediction of half a foot of snow today again,
may be May till I start packing.
I used to carry everything I could possibly think of, that I may need.
and still always end of Short the item I do need by emergency that day.
So these days I just go with a much shorter list & hope for the best.

OP
OP
H

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!

Well,,,,, I see I am NOT alone,,,lmao
Great job all,,,
LOVE THE CHEROKEES !!!

Thanks everyone for your sharing,,I hope more do,,,

Back to reading the active threads for now.

Hit

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For my average hunting I use my Yukon.

02-yukon-11.jpg

When I'm in a hurry I use my pony.

06-mustang-frntspoiler-8.jpg

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually my wife and I have our AT Pro's and gear in the truck when out on a hunt or ride.Or supplies,hunting /fishing stuff when headed to camp. 2010 Tundra. (It has a cap too). For some serious offroad action. A 79 Cj7. I'll just say modified. Which carries the essentials to get out of a sticky situation.:occasion14: new truck 009.JPG jpp.jpg

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got an old 1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo. It has a box of tools in the back, an MD, headphones, 2 sets of ear muffs for when I'm out shooting, a little .380 for 'in case', a camera, some first aid supplies, a blanket, an extra heavy coat, a package of paper plates and a magic marker for making targets, and several oxygen bottles for the COPD.
I had a 1989 Cherokee Laredo. I really like styling on the smaller one better, but the larger one rides a lot better!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I roll down the street in a big Cadillac... I got girls in the front and girls in the back... and way in the back I got $$$ in a sack.....
'...both hands on the wheel and my shoulders rared back, doo doo doo....uh, I can't do that part. I had the same English teacher in high school that Roger Miller had and she went on and on about him. Truth of the matter was he couldn't stand school, couldn't stand her, and I didn't care much for her either.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
96 Plymouth voyager...carry work tools and supplies, two detectors, 2 pin pointers, couple of shovels, 2 trowels, 2 ladders strapped to roof, glove box full of 9 volt batteries, radar detector, dash cam, gloves, hat,1 laptop, pillow case, duct tape, zip ties, candy...as you maybe able to tell this is my work van.

ummm.....creepy...?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Drive a 2001 Silverado with a bad need of washing. Runs good, looks could be better, but it suits an old timer like me...

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are my babies... Cummins carries anything and everything all year long... No matter if I'm hunting artifacts, bottles, coins, antiques, fish or deer...
The SRT carries golf clubs twice a year...

Attachments

• 1427841946244.jpg
    1427841946244.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 75

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
96 Plymouth voyager...carry work tools and supplies, two detectors, 2 pin pointers, couple of shovels, 2 trowels, 2 ladders strapped to roof, glove box full of 9 volt batteries, radar detector, dash cam, gloves, hat,1 laptop, pillow case, duct tape, zip ties, candy...as you maybe able to tell this is my work van. Personal Vehicle..98 grand Caravan prime time...carry 2 detectors, 2 pin pointers, shovel, 2 trowels, tv, gloves, hat, radar detector, pillow case for junk.

And your lawyer on speed dial! Lol! Kidding!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread