Air veiw wrecks and beginners luck

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A co-worker knew where we were detecting on the beach. We would always show off our finds at work. So my co-worker bought a detector. I guess he just couldn't stand us finding a lot of cool stuff. So he went shell fishing and then came over close to us to go metal detecting. Beginners luck I guess. He found some boat ribs on the dry beach. Then he scored big for metal detecting. He found a old star scope for navigation from the old days. It had a ivory handle on it and wasn't in great shape. Must have had metal on it somewhere. Wish I had a picture of it. So It looks like my season is getting started today. Sun is coming out. YES!!!!!I'm hoping to taking my kayak over to the beach with a friend and check these beach wrecks out. If you have a air view. You can check out this wreck and others that are close to it. 41.7254 69.9270. Not much to look at. The stuff went somewhere that was on the ship. I should find something from these beach wrecks. I might need my dry-suit for this job. Most of the beach will be gone by next summer. Then the wrecks that are underneath the beach will start showing up next. Theirs a china wreck I heard about that's close by.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like an interesting detecting adventure, good luck and post pics of your finds!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good hunting area.

You need to add "W" to your longitude coordinate. First map trip I took was to the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. But that was worth it because I didn't even know that was a country!

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem, But did you get rid of the name in the box and then write in Chatham Mass. I was born in Oneonta, N.Y. I have relatives in Cobleskill??? By Howe caverns. Really nice their. Tide is coming!!! So I'm not hitting the wreck today. Looks like the weekend. But I like this west wind here. It seems to leave coins uncovered on the beach. Ever just walk the beach and just see coins lying their on the sand? It doesn't happen a lot. But ever west wind stuff just shows up.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. Just added "W" to the end of 41.7254 69.9270 when I used it for a location in Google Earth. You didn't tell us where in the world you were.

Cobleskill is nice territory. I'm down nearer the base of I-88. And we stop by Brook's in Oneonta (Largest Char Pit east of the Mississippi!) very often. Yumm.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool looking wreck frankie! Have you checked out the (what appears to be) newer wreck South of there? In the Google Maps image, there also appears to be several pods of whales to the South of the second wreck, fairly close to the beach.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread