What do yall think of this metal detector?

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TRACKERJACK

Greenie
Mar 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt this item will cost a lot but only find a rusty tin can.

The reality is there are more tin cans beneath the ground than treasure.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a theory that MRI technology could be used in lieu of a coil along with a real time visual display.

oldsurfer

Feb 22, 2015
Florida West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Whites Coinmaster Classic III (oldie!), Bounty Hunter Land Tracker, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3-D imaging & smart phone interface...hmmm. I notice they said price available upon request...gotta be some BIG bucks! Makes you wonder what the future of this hobby/lifestyle will be like in another 20 years :icon_scratch:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
they make a $56,ooo.oo metal detector.long range voodoo locators,gprs,etc.Who knows.I suspect it is a long range wealth redistributor,from you to them...

Write a review >

OKM eXp 5000 Pro Metal Detector
Use your personal computer to analyse the results professionally w/ 3D software. Ground

NOW ONLY $ 56,799 .00

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And people are upset about the cost of GPZ7000.... that's unfair but really how many people have ever seen one of the OKM products in the field.
Just look at the reviews *oh not there*. Sorry I'm a little cynical. I've kept an eye on OKM for years out of curiosity but have yet to see any results
for or from users of the product that would incline me to put down heavy money on their products.
I checked out the video on the walking stick sometime ago and while its interesting I don't feel it would be practical even for stealth detecting. No more so
than the metal detecting sandals that show up here from time to time. My thoughts.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
its versatile, I'll give you that! :thumbsup:

<<<able to locate buried items like gold, silver, chests and boxes as well as hidden rooms, graves and tunnels>>>>>:laughing7:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
its versatile, I'll give you that! :thumbsup:

<<<able to locate buried items like gold, silver, chests and boxes as well as hidden rooms, graves and tunnels>>>>>:laughing7:
Well, you would know now wouldn't you BVI:)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Patrick, that is useless for normal hobbyist metal detecting. Anything that purports to show shape like that, won't be of any good to us. Reason is: Pixel size is too small. The most refined it can be, is something like pixels that are 1" across. Hence all items (coins, rings, nails, foil wads, etc...) would be ...... do ...... 1 pixel ! Even things you would THINK would be "shape-revealing" (like a horse-shoe for instance) are nothing but a messy blotch of pixels. Save your money.

jhumbert40

Sep 13, 2012
Bayville New Jersey
Detector(s) used
whites m-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if that would be for me....To me it's just an over sized pin pointer....More made for people who want to hunt on land that there not aloud to,which to me is a no no from the beginning.Plus you have to hold ur phone in one hand and the walking stick in another....to me not convenient....I'll stick the the standard machine....Find stuff just as good and I know it by heart all my signals and sounds...Plus i think is a lot more fun.....Just my opinion....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen hem advertised,but if it was so wonderful wouldn't our government have gotten and used them to find all the gold and silver by now?

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I see you are from Ft. Worth. I have an idea where you would like to take that thing... You been talking to Pyle? I would test one out if they offered. Are you listening OKM? :)

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ron,

I currently use an AT Pro and have used it all around the town. Where did you think I wanted to take it.

BTW, New construction is going to be starting in stockyards if you can get to the site.

Best,

P.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was thinking of a place out towards Bridgeport that is not exactly detector friendly that a couple folks have asked me about in the past. Never been there myself. Never detected the Stockyards either. Is that public property?

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bridgeport? Must be Devil's Den.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
patrick,

For the money--the best unit i have ever worked with is the German made Pulse Star.

This year I know a man who purchased over $ 10,000 of electronic packages with the options--and he told me none came close to equaling the
performance of the PulseStar.

if you should be going after Spanish Caches --I know that it will detect most Spanish Caches and they are usually buried deep

That said your asking about the okm products. I wrote the Texas dealer about the performance of one okm compared to a pulse star
asking which would detect a sardine size can further--and at what depth / distance. The dealer --down by the gulf coast acknowledged
getting my letter--then never answered me or my questions

I will tell you about my experience using the OKM--for several hundred hours in the field.
It can give images--people would kill over
It can also give false images that look really good
I know of a cache located and dug up --found on a okm ( not some story--some one said )
I know of a person with that exact model --did not like it so he sold it at a loss

IF A DEALER SHOWED ME A BLACKHAWK--OUT PERFORMED A PULSE STAR I WOULD BUY IT INSTANTLY;
with out a demonstration of better performance--I will stick with my Pulse Star

if you have more questions--just send me a message.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Rover UC
$10,899 - cost
Kellyco- closest distributer

If It really was as good as presented, I would think about it.
But like all metal detectors, there is no guarantee, so the old saying applies, "let the buyer beware".

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread