cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All...
So today was my 3rd hunt for the year due to the weather up here, but after 45 minutes I just packed-up and went home the rain did-not help either,
more and more i'm starting to find needles "syringes" in public parks above the ground or just about 1 or 2 inches below, so reminder, especially newer diggers be careful don't just shove your hand in the hole use a tool of some kind to identify the object before handling it.
I understand that we will run into stuff like this especially in the UNITED STATES because we don't have a needle exchange program like they do in Europe, but man, all day, I kept thinking about a kid finding it, more and more I'm running into this problem.
Stay Safe All and keep an eye on those kids...."its sh$$ like this that Pi$$ me off".

Carlos

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had never pondered this. Thank you for the heads up on safety. :occasion14: Too bad it is like that however.....sad.

kingvegan

Sep 11, 2014
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, that has not happened to my yet but my heart stops every time my shovel throws up a live cartridge.

OP
OP
cmaracing

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, that has not happened to my yet but my heart stops every time my shovel throws up a live cartridge.

Hi All

I don't tend to find many cartridges up in here in Mass unless I'm out hunting lol, but more and more these parks and beaches are becoming a refuge for crackheads who have no consideration for society around them, what I don't understand is people will call the cops on us just enjoying a hobby that does not hurt anyone but these people sit in parks or beaches doing drugs and no one calls the cops on them....

Carlos

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thatc cause the ones calling the cops on you are the ones doing the drugs:laughing9:Dont get me going about Fascistchusetts:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thatc cause the ones calling the cops on you are the ones doing the drugs:laughing9:Dont get me going about Fascistchusetts:laughing7:

I don't understand how a lot of folks can live in a few of those New England states with all their silly rules and regulations.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Agreeing with Brad. You need to move down here Red,most of us are sane kinda sorta .

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found one in the wood chips of a tot lot last year. My kids were with me playing along with a half dozen mothers and kids. I made sure they all saw what I found, metal detecting defiantly got a good name that day.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw so many syringes (just on the surface) at an old park I tried, it made me want to leave. That park is so shady that you need a witness or bodyguard to be near you the whole time if you are there, back in the 1940's I read that it was the place to be and on a hot summer day everyone would come down there. Now it just went downhill. It's sad because it could be a good park and good place to metal detect but now the huge pond where people would swim is full of tires and trash and was closed down many times a year due to health reasons. It's sad that people are doing that, finding those needles are just disgusting, same with those handmade pipes. I just throw anything like that I find as far in the bushes as I can.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

Lol, I have had that happen. I found a pocket spill of huge cartridges, all live. There were four of them, two or three inches long each. I was just thanking god that my shovel never hit any.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found more than a few synergies while hunting. I get rid of them in a manner that no one will be harmed. I told a kids baseball coach one time and he said they find them all the time on the field, a real shame.
I'm just waiting for the live grenade! Lol!

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa. I'm in New Bedford. We have a severe heroin problem in our city so I tend to wear heavy gloves while detecting.

Uhhhh... What's the next step here... Are we competitors?

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
I've never come across a needle before. But over the years I have dug, at the least, 50 rounds of live ammo. At the least. The ammo doesn't bother me, but id sure hate to dig a needle. You never know what you will find tho. But its kinda good when half your neighbors are horse and buggy dairy farmers. I guess a vetinary needle is possible around a farm.

OP
OP
cmaracing

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa. I'm in New Bedford. We have a severe heroin problem in our city so I tend to wear heavy gloves while detecting.

Uhhhh... What's the next step here... Are we competitors?

yea its sad but more and more you are starting to see in large city's, I was talking to a friend of mine in NJ they have the same problem.

Competitors lol, no, to much area to search, we can keep the dueling pistols on standby.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sad.

Its sad what we've become. Its sad that what was once cast off by someone can hurt or kill someone else.

Safety is a mindset.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was (mostly) joking! It's nice to know that others close by share the same interest. Perhaps we will run into each other some day! GL and HH!

-Jay

OP
OP
cmaracing

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to bad we cant save them and drop them off at the statehouse every time they try to make laws that affect us....

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mass has nothing else to do. Look at this new law. If you have your cars windshield wipers on ,you must have your head lights on also, never mine seat belts. It's only a $5.00 fine for that. HA HA .Plus seat belts and your car insurance rate goes up for like the next three years. WHATS NEXT!!! I'm just glade we have our FREEDOM!!! But I think every time the government needs more money from us. That they take a little more freedom from us. It cost us money to be so called Free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread