Tot lot danger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go down to my local tot lot/ sports complex school area. Finding clad and pop tops etc but then the nokta screams overload. Just visible in the mulch is an 18" long piece of rebar and its right where the kids get on and off the swings. Not only do I see the rebar but busted up glass..long shards of glass that could easily hurt a child. I think it's safe to assume somebody was acting a fool, not caring about the kids that play at recess on that swing set, just had it im their minds to bust some glass up woohoo that's so cool.

Sorry but this stuff angers me and its usually the idiot that does stuff like this that doesn't get hurt, doesn't learn a lesson and others suffer from it.

One good thing is a young girl about 8-9 came over and took interest in what I was doing and I let her use my in pointer and she found a few coins. She found a nickel 1970 &I said hmm one year older than me and she said wow that is old can I keep it? Pfft yes and thanks for the compliment. She seemed to like detecting and I hope its something she will get into if it gets her away from tv and video games.

Attachments

• WP_20150415_005.jpg
    WP_20150415_005.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 122

billyjoe42

May 10, 2007
Placer Co, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, White's M6, Gray Ghost Amphibians, Sun Ray Gold, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You just can't fix stupid! Just got to keep eyes open. I learned to wear gloves, after finding a single-edge razor in tot-lot.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good karma for you!

I find a lot of surprising and dangerous things in tot lots, I use my digging tool to move the wood chips around.
I found a 6" nail once and some strips of sheet metal, syringe. I guess the crew that built it weren't too careful with the clean up.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why people think its ok to take bottles to tot lots. Kids do stupid things with glass. I remember 2nd grade I was dared to break a grape nehi bottle on the tennis court,not backing down from a dare especially a double dog dare I broke it and shattered glass everywhere and loss recess for two weeks. Now days the only bottle that are glass are beer and that's what I come across. Nobody needs to be drinking beer on a tot lot, that's my opinion.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found the most bazaar things in school yards and tot lots. Everything from hypodermic needles, condoms, to fired and unfired ammunition. Makes me think that those areas are the most unsafe for children.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions