Anyone seen this yet? California cant be too far behind....

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
This has just got to be bull-puckey. I'd like to see them try that up here. I just withdrew $7000 from my account last week to buy another tractor. No one said anything to me, they just forked it over... in hondos. You can't tell me that doling out $5k of cash into the account-owner's hand isn't something done at banks on a daily basis. Its their BUSINESS to do so.
The bank isn't required to notify you of their report.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All transactions will be done by scanning DNA in the future. Mark my words, cash will be outlawed for "our" own safety. On a recent trip to the Bahamas, walking through the Miami airport - there was even an advertising sign that read: Coming soon - safe transactions through DNA" the future is near".
People better wake up...........

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you people just not read anything except the "click bait" headlines?

READ THE BILL!

They are going after thieves that sell stolen goods to second hand shops. You are only required to get the personal information of an individual if YOU ARE A SECOND HAND DEALER AND YOU BUY SOMETHING FROM THAT INDIVIDUAL!

Goodwills are exempt because they don't buy their merchandise! iT IS DONATED. Shoppers at Goodwill can still pay with cash.

PAWN SHOPS ARE EXEMPT BECAUSE THEY ALREADY HAVE TO DO THAT!

IF YOU SELL AT A YARD SALE, YOU CAN STILL ACCEPT CASH!

You people are suckers for CLICK BAIT!

Mike

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a banks business to dole out your cash. Until they say no, come back another day. Happens every day.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the weirdest call here on Fri. morning. Was having my morning coffee and this women calls and says she's from the Human Resources office of some bank. She asks me if I wrote a $500.00 check out to (says name) and I said yes. She asks me why. I said it's non of your business and why are you asking? "I'm trying to determine if this is income to him", she says. "Why are you writing checks to him", she asks? I said he's doing some work for me.... and she comes right back and says... "So this is income to him"? I then hung up on her.

Who the hell would call me to ask if this is income for my shop building helper? The $500.00 dollar check is the smallest one of 5 I've written to him. Never had a call like that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have told her it was none of her business and hung up...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Naw, should have said it was a downpayment for a hit but he can't say on whom...

Give her something to do.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you probably don't know about your building helper is that he is also a drug dealer and coyote, and the bank was probably just trying to figure what money he legally earned versus what money he made illegally, and the FBI will be knocking on your door shortly with a warrant for your obstruction of justice! HAHAHA

Mike

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
...and as to the original post-

A very quick Google search reveals how old this BS is, yeah, this is from Oct 2011.

Must not have been too much of a problem over the last 4 YEARS.

I'm bored, let me find some worthless crap article to complain about....

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 1.05.26 PM.png

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's basically what I said and then did...! Never had a phone call like that in my life. Next time (if it happens) the call won't last 5 seconds. If writing a check brings this kind of scrutiny then I'll start paying in cash again next time.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have learned a new term today.

HAHAHA Yeah, I learned that term a few months ago, and it is such an apt description, I like using it.

Since they get paid per click through, they lead with headlines that don't necessarily convey the actual content of the article. That way, they get many times the number of people that would normally click on the article. Hence the term "Click Bait".

Mike

S

stefen

If DNA is used in the future, its not a problem...

The population in some areas have identical DNA...:laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If DNA is used in the future, its not a problem...

The population in some areas have identical DNA...:laughing7:

The family tree looks like a phone pole.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 9.35.30 PM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread