sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you where gonna tell us to come sail away.

LOL! I about busted a gut when I read that.

And yeah buddy, I carry. Just realized I'm still wearing mine sitting here at the computer.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that gun was an effective weapon even when no shots were taken, ironically it still saved all your gear and your wallet without the price of one bullet, a win-win!!! I guess I'm a little vulnerable considering the only gun I own is a couple cap guns I found metal detecting and a completely rusted Model 1858 Remington .44 Army that my grandpa found dredging in the Chesapeake Bay back in the 1980's.

It's never to late to fix that. Make sure and get some training to go with it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sig Sauer 9mm 13 round clip Boyeee!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
It's never to late to fix that. Make sure and get some training to go with it.

I hope to get something to carry while metal detecting in the future, who knows who you could encounter while metal detecting deep in public woods. I have found cellar holes with fresh homeless camps in them, and even a weird looking site with a rubber devil head on a tree branch and a huge fire pit with charred clothes in it (near a college). I would definitely feel a bit more comfortable going metal detecting alone if I had something to carry.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Outbacker...I'm glad you brought a gun to a knife fight! That's Exactly the reason I carry.

Happy It Worked Out Well and Thanks For The Post...We All Have To Be Alert.

Kace

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a case where I was detecting and was approached by two rough looking fellows who just stood off and watched for a while then one of the young fellows said out loud so I could hear it. "What do you think that guy would do if we decide to take his stuff?" I replied that I would get my first chance to try out my brand new gun. They left the area. I do have a concealed permit but was not armed due to the area I was in but they did not know that.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you Outbacker! That type of encounter is the reason why I started carrying a year ago. Although after learning about the possible legal consequences of pulling the trigger, even if you're completely in the right, I still carry, but no longer hunt those questionable areas.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet my knife is bigger - ever since I was a kid - ive dug with a very large knife
as a teen I used a Boy scout Bowee style knife (which I don't think they sell or even allow now a days)
- I used to hold it backwards with it against my forearm with tip
towards my elbow - so you could not see it well - so no one would call the police and would just flip around
when I knelt to dig - I remember some guys in a park talking and getting ready to approach me - think they had small jack knives
and without looking directly at them - I turned my arm so they could see I had like an 8 in. blade - they talked
and walked the other way - most of knives I use now are 8 to 12 inches - I like digging a nice clean big plug
don't want the grass to die

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could have maybe saved somebody elses life if you would have shot him, I know he wouldn't have done that again if it would have been me. These days if you send somebody to jail you never know if there going to blame you for them going and look you up when they get out, unfortunately some don't believe it was their actions that sent them to jail they think it's your fault. HH

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I stay armed when out of town. Ck out Bond Arms if you're looking for a compact weapon. And I am not compensated by them in anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread