Outbacker

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick note to save some of your butts!!!! How many of you pack a side arm while detecting?? I was damn glad I did. The other day was detecting an older park in Norfolk, Va and was approached by a young man asking for a cigarette, I told him I didn't smoke upon which he pulled a knife and said "ok then give me your wallet and your gear" I made like i was reaching for my wallet and pulled my snub nose 357 on him at which point he dropped the knife and ran off......After calling the police I came to find out this happens "quite a few times a week, and that I was one of the lucky ones". So lads if you detect in a questionable area, be aware of your surroundings and definitely pack heat!

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Anti Gun advocates take notice = Crime PREVENTED by this person exercising their right to carry.

WHOOAHHH!!!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep - Ya just never know, I feel most vulnerable while out in the middle of woods. Glad it work out to your favor!!! :occasion14:

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Without getting into details and causing this to be moved to the political thread, I agree RJC, Never will change their minds.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
He was a poor disadvantaged victim- and you pointed a scary gun at him.

Good for you.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I woulda just gone ahead and shot him...pull a weapon on me and I lose no sleep ending the threat.I'm sure if he didnt run away you would have plugged him too.One less in the gene pool.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you where gonna tell us to come sail away.Good job!some bad areas down that way,but a whole lot of history too.Would you have pulled on him if he had a gun on ya?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that gun was an effective weapon even when no shots were taken, ironically it still saved all your gear and your wallet without the price of one bullet, a win-win!!! I guess I'm a little vulnerable considering the only gun I own is a couple cap guns I found metal detecting and a completely rusted Model 1858 Remington .44 Army that my grandpa found dredging in the Chesapeake Bay back in the 1980's.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad your safe. There are so many abandoned houses in East Cleveland as well ad Detroit. I would love to go to those areas and dig old coins, It's just not worth the risk to me. I will continue to scour the smaller hamlets in the state of Ohio for my finds.

OP
OP
O

Outbacker

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, ya know I thought about that, after leaving my pile and being a combat vet, yeah I would have......now how that would've turned out I dont know, but St Peter has a special spot in his heart for seeming idiotic gestures right????

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that gun was an effective weapon even when no shots were taken, ironically it still saved all your gear and your wallet without the price of one bullet, a win-win!!! I guess I'm a little vulnerable considering the only gun I own is a couple cap guns I found metal detecting and a completely rusted Model 1858 Remington .44 Army that my grandpa found dredging in the Chesapeake Bay back in the 1980's.

Time to arm yourself isnt it?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

Maybe, I have already have had attack dogs chase me and try to attack me :laughing7:. People attack, That is a whole other problem.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in New Mexico there were certain parks I would never detect alone. Just takes a couple of seconds of inattention to the surroundings.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This sounds odd - coming from a citizen of Massachusetts. Not poking fun by any means, RJC. It just never ceases to amaze me that MA can legalize med marijuana, but can't relax gun laws. I feel for all my gun-loving brothers in Massghanistan.

golddigger65

Feb 2, 2010
Northern Calif
Detector(s) used
Gold bug/Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy it worked out for you, here in sunny Komiefornia they would have arrested you, given him food stamps and sent him to a Dr to deal with the trauma.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
This sounds odd - coming from a citizen of Massachusetts. Not poking fun by any means, RJC. It just never ceases to amaze me that MA can legalize med marijuana, but can't relax gun laws. I feel for all my gun-loving brothers in Massghanistan.

That comes from living in NH for 15 or so years:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread