CRAIGSLIST

S

stefen

About a month ago I began looking for an antique 4 drawer filing cabinet by contacting 2nd Hand Stores, Antique Stores and other similar venues...no luck...

Then several weeks ago I began searching on Craigslist from San Francisco to Eureka California...The nearest cabinets available were located in Redding (Central California) and as far north as Medford, Oregon...a days round-trip drive either direction, and the prices were pretty pricy...

Even looking into Ebay...

Saturday I posted an AD stating: "Oak Filing Cabinet Wanted"...

Today I received 2 responses...Whoopee

One respondent was within 10 miles with a reasonable asking price...

A phone call, a conversation as to condition, and off to take a look-see...

The condition was excellent and we settled for $100 below the sellers reasonable asking price...
Now if I can get my wife to lug it upstairs to my office i'd be a happy man...:occasion14:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you. I am a huge thrift store shopper but you just have to have lucky timing because the good stuff comes and goes so quickly.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wife and I are into high-priced euro-design furniture. Danish teak, Scandinavian, etc. It only stands to reason that its one of the things she surfs CL for every day. Two years ago she bought a $10,000.00 set of Stressless for $950. Boom. She's in the living room snoring her arse off on it right now. :laughing7: Patience and perseverance pays off, just like in metal detecting.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Because of shipping costs one E bay dealer said "Only buy what you can hold with an extended arm."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions