I spoke too soon! Just got shot down!

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A week or so ago I posted how I had been fortunate enough to go 8 for 8 asking permission to MD. Well on the way back from another appointment today I say the owner of the drive-in was there. He had given me permission to hunt. I thought I'd re-acquaint myself with him. I approached him with a smile " Hi,remember me? I thought I'd check back with you and maybe come up and hunt Saturday!" Don't know what happened but his response was " Well I've changed my mind. I don't want any metal detecting around here!" I politely said thanks anyway and went on my way.
I have no idea what just happened but I guess it's just in the human nature.

Wade

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I called some places today, two were "Yes, Sure You Can!" (one was only on weekends though, other was open invitation) one "Yes, Just Not on The Grass" (I just wanted the wood's anyway which they allowed) Two answers "I'm pretty sure they would be find, I will have my boss call you back sometime later today" Not a single direct "No", some did not answer the phone though.

Also, That is why the second you get the "OK" you go, so no one changes their mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread