Where and how much lube on my machine?

Mar 29, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand shark,Detector Pro, Bounty hunter, vib 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my Tesoro Sand Shark new toy.jpg which I'm super excited to go out and try. But I have read through all my paper work and it doesn't say anything of where to put the lube that was given or how much I should use. Any help would be appreciated.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it does, Page six Battery replacement ...

IMPORTANT NOTE: Always make sure the instrument is dry before opening. Water, if allowed to make contact with the circuit board, may damage it. Always make sure the O-ring is clean and free of dirt or sand. It is recommended that you wipe the O-ring with a dry cloth and look for damage and apply a new coat of diver's silicone grease before replacing it. Failure to maintain the O-ring will result in extensive damage and will not be covered under warranty.

That being said, the amount you should use is just enough to make the O-Ring shinny, you are not trying to create a seal with the silicone, but prolong the life of the rubber o-ring ... that tube should last you 20 years plus that is how little you need to use each application :)

Tube of Dow Corning #4 silicone = the lube that was given = diver's silicone grease

Last edited:
OP
OP
M
Mar 29, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand shark,Detector Pro, Bounty hunter, vib 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm my pg 6 is about where to set the control housing,=(. But I appreciate the info and will get started on it right away.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any way the info I provided is sound :)

Top Member Reactions