Anybody here in the Boston/Cambridge, MA area?

Claire98909

Jul 4, 2014
Cambridge, MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Cambridge, MA and so far haven't worked up the courage to detect outside of my own backyard. I'm worried about getting stares from people or getting in trouble for digging somewhere I'm not supposed to. I've found tons of stuff in my yard (house was built in 1895), but nothing amazing. My coolest finds are a rosary and an 1897 dime. However, my number of finds is steadily decreasing, so I either need to get a more powerful detector to search deeper in the earth, or I need to get out of my yard.

Is there anybody on here who lives in the Cambridge/Boston area who can recommend good sites that are legal to dig in? I can't travel far, because I don't drive and get everywhere either by walking or via the T. Thanks.

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Visit the area often, son's both live in Boston, but never detected in the city area. All I can say is "get out of your yard" got to be allot of places, do some research and head out. Check the local beaches. Up top we are discussing the Mass. beach situation. Top saved post in the General Discussion forum. Check it out.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Claire; This is BARKER. I'm your Boston guy. What do you want to know ?? I'll hook you up with all the guys here ok. I'll send you a PM in a minute ok. PEACE:RONB

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[Satellite photo image viewer] is free. This gives you a air view. Then you can see where to park and go. Just can't go on Nat. seashore unless you ask. Just ask at parks booth or office. Theirs are also the beaches. Take a kayak over to these Boston HARBOR ISLANDS OR around the shores. I would think your in the right area.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Claire; I just sent you a Private Message (PM) ok. I'll take you out with all the guys ok. Your in good hands here ok. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions