Hello to everyone

rustyshovel

Greenie
Apr 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I searched high and low but didn't see a "new member" section. Anyways, I want to get into hunting, mainly Civil War relics but anything old is cool I think. Time and my home in (NWPA) prevent me from doing so I think. Ive searched pages of historical info from around my area and it seems as though it was a pretty boring place,lol. Also I have a question about detectors, a local guy sells Garrett and White machines and I was leaning towards a Garrett mainly because of all the Youtube videos Ive seen. I'm not set on buying local so what are some other good options out there. Thanks,Brian

OP
OP
R

rustyshovel

Greenie
Apr 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now I find it (new member introduction)!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
You could get a Garret AT PRO from Kellyco. I have used Kellyco and found it to be a pretty good online shop, I have heard good thinks about the AT PRO too. I have never used on though. Also, Just because someone is finding cool finds on a Youtube video does not necessarily mean you will find those finds, it all depends on how you use your metal detector and where you hunt.

OP
OP
R

rustyshovel

Greenie
Apr 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. I just meant that a lot of guys are using a Garrett and they seem to work very well. I also like the waterproof aspect, we live on Lake Erie so that opens up miles of lake front to search as well.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet ! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread