How many Tnet members have family that fought in the Civil War?

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
¥¥¥

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep,, I do,,,

As a matter of fact I have had "relatives" in EVERY major war up to the Middle East fiasco.
Our family came here in the late 1600s in the New Jersey area,, Egg Harbor,,TOWNSNDS INLET,,
My father did years worth of research on our lineage,, supposedly the family had the original land grant for Washington County a bit later on too.
There is some country club where the homestead used to be but the springhouse is still there. This is my fathers side.

My mothers side was Huntington County S'crora indian. My great grandpa was full blooded from what I was told.
Their homestead is still standing too. I really NEED to get out there when I get more proficient with my detector.

Hit

Yeah, I know what you mean, the Civil War, now THAT was one heckuva great war...
How can the Southeast Asian wars and the more modern "Middle East fiascoes" even hope to live up to the Civil War? .....

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
William Fitzgerald 34th Texas Cavalry fitzgeraldwmpat.jpg

S.G.F. Jayroe 5th Miss. Infantry Confederate medal of honor for action at Murfressborro, Tn - no medals were ever issued jayroe.jpg

Jacob Baldwin 14th Brigade Texas State Troops
Joseph Baldwin 28th Alabama Inf.
Greenberry B. Glover 34th Ark. Inf.

Last edited:

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great-great grandfather on my fathers side was a Confederate soldier from Alabama (probably others on that side as well)...Several members of the family on my mother's side fought for the Confederacy in Florida...as well as the Second and Third Seminole Wars previous to that.

My grandfather told me many stories that his grandfather told him...so I have heard Civil War stories that were only second hand...Can't be too much of that going on anymore!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Long ago when I was small at the family cemetery (W.VA.) I asked my grandfather why my great grandfathers head stone was pointed .. His reply, Son. You see my daddy was a Confederate and if you look around you will see several other here the same. Their head stones are pointed so no dam Yankee would set on them. I guess I never really understood because I remember getting a spanking one time for singing yankee doodle dandy....

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Adams

Born: October 30, 1735
Birthplace: Braintree, Mass.
Education: Graduate of Harvard. (Lawyer)
Work: Admitted to Massachusetts Bar, 1761; Elected to Massachusetts Assembly, 1770; Attended First Continental Congress, 1774-'76; Signed Declaration of Independence, 1776; Appointed Diplomat to France, 1776-'79; Member of assembly to form State Constitution of Massachusetts, Minister plenipotentiary in Europe, 1780, '81; Party to the Treaty of Peace with Gr. Britain, 1783; U.S. Minister to the British court, c. 1783- '88; Elected first Vice President, 1789; President, 1796.
Died: July 4, 1826..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread