Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took a buddy with me to a new site today and he got a 1939 Mercury dime right beside me. I've found loads of silver coins over the years but still no US silver up here in Nova Scotia yet so it's high on my wish list. I was so close it kills me. Just before he found it I said he was invading my space because I claimed that spot in the yard first. I should have took a picture of it because it was in great shape but I think I'd rather forget about it! Haha
I did find the oldest coin of the day though with a bent 1891 Canadian large cent! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430079877.298062.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some buddy you have there. Take him out hunting and he does that? It would be the last hunt for him on one of my spots. At least you found the oldest. Congrats on the 1891 coin.

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some buddy you have there. Take him out hunting and he does that? It would be the last hunt for him on one of my spots. At least you found the oldest. Congrats on the 1891 coin.

He owed me pay back though because I snagged some good finds first on him before. We kinda always have a little competition go on when we hunt just for fun. First one out of car races to the best looking section most of the time! Haha

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like those tag-team hunts. Competition is wonderful.

Definitely makes it a fun time but I get terrified of not getting at least one good find. I have a detecting reputation with my friends to uphold! Haha
Luckily only a handful of my friends do it and not very frequently. The guy today that got the merc does it a lot though. But not quite as much as me yet! [emoji2]

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only hunted with one other person and that's my brother in law. He has yet to find a silver coin. I normally let him do the cherry picking areas, hoping he'd find silver while I start at the property line and methodically cover the property from one side to another. Sad to say I pulled 2 silver on my last hunt from areas that he'd detected.

Glad you 2 have a good thing going. Hope you continue to enjoy the hobby.

GL & HH

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only hunted with one other person and that's my brother in law. He has yet to find a silver coin. I normally let him do the cherry picking areas, hoping he'd find silver while I start at the property line and methodically cover the property from one side to another. Sad to say I pulled 2 silver on my last hunt from areas that he'd detected.

Glad you 2 have a good thing going. Hope you continue to enjoy the hobby.

GL & HH

There is always a little bit of jealousy if the other person gets a great find but also happy for them at the same time.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ya might try something like this.....whoever gets the most recent ring...any ring is refered to as,"ringworm"untill the other hits one.we have silver whore,gold whore etc.takes a little of the sting out when you get to mock yer buddy for his find...all in good fun !!!

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ya might try something like this.....whoever gets the most recent ring...any ring is refered to as,"ringworm"untill the other hits one.we have silver whore,gold whore etc.takes a little of the sting out when you get to mock yer buddy for his find...all in good fun !!!

Sounds like a fun idea! [emoji2]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread