10th st. menominee

K-Man

Apr 12, 2007
marinette, wi
well the construction to redo 10th st/hwy 41 got under way today they r gonna b ripping up from the bridge down. well back in the day i was told that the old trollie cars use to go down this road and alot of action went on through this area including the first settlement of a indian tribe back in the 1600's if im right alot of fur trading went on and all. would this b a good place to do some md'ing

HH K-Man

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
parts of that have been tore up before, still worth a look, when they did the east half all the old ties were buried beneath the old brick and asphalt

OP
OP
K-Man

K-Man

Apr 12, 2007
marinette, wi
yea i remember that when they tore that section up i wish i had a md then. well where they r tearing it up now i have seen to people md'ing there already.and i guess earlier today there was a small explosion when one of the backhoes i guess hit a gas pipe digging
i wanna go check it out but i dont seem to have the time with baseball and racing and restoring a truck. blah there need to b more day light in a day lol.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i saw some of the coinage that came out from under the sidewalks when they did the east side, most were from the 1860,s

OP
OP
K-Man

K-Man

Apr 12, 2007
marinette, wi
since they started tearing it up have u been down there at all i still havent got a chance to go down due to baseball practice and working on the truck

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
no, on my end there going deep, sidewalks are the best bet, the north side had been redone, looks like there pulling out the sewers, finally heading north this weekend, checking out some of the old gold mines, and try the T-2 in the iron infested charcoal kilns, just received permission to hunt around the Kells [Shacky lakes] area, old lumber camp, round house for the RR, some cellar holes, and believe a ceremonial dance ring, a couple are known to be in the area

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you guys talking about menominee michigan? If so your not far from me. Im in escanaba. Would be great to share some detectin stories from this area.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
hi Ryan welcome aboard, most of my intrests are on the mining industry in the Marquette area, but have been researching the logging around here, have a site i hope to hit this weekend, a big camp with a round house, maintenance shops for the trains, they dumped the logs into the river for the saw mills, suppose to be Indian ceremonial dance rings in the area, the guy I received permission from says he has a circle on his property where nothing really grows, doesn't know what it is from. maybe we could get together and check out Cedar river some time. Thompy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread