AT gold and Pro mod

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to send my detector in because the screw mounts broke from water pressure going back and forth when I got it back I figured this would help. It stabilized it no wobble and cheap fix. 100_4960.JPG 100_4961.JPG copper pipe wall clamp.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can add one more and it will be rock solid.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The size is 3/4 tube strap.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's pretty darn clever, BotB! I'm going to keep an eye on you.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice idea. I have a couple in the workshop and will add them just to be safe. Thanks.

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great idea. Cheap and simple. Have a box full in my shop as well. That will be the first thing I do as soon as it comes in. Thanks

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great idea. Cheap and simple. Have a box full in my shop as well. That will be the first thing I do as soon as it comes in. Thanks

I would not do that to a new detector under warranty. That is a modification and will very likely void your warranty. Garrett has great service so let your warranty run out before making any mods. Just a heads up on a situation where you could screw yourself.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not do that to a new detector under warranty. That is a modification and will very likely void your warranty. Garrett has great service so let your warranty run out before making any mods. Just a heads up on a situation where you could screw yourself.

You are removing screws that hold the cover to the speaker that are already there and putting these brackets on to strengthen the box to shaft, just unscrewing the screws, adding brackets and putting screws back in same place will not void a warranty if that voided a warranty then removing box from shaft to send in for repairs would void the warranty and if you send it in for repairs covered under warranty you send only the box not attached to shaft so they would have been removed before being sent in.Also my detector was still under warranty when I did this and had to send in because a pin from the coil broke off inside plug and had no issues of voiding warranty, all you send is box or coils they don't need shaft to work on your detector.Thanks for the heads up on possible voiding of warranty though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for this clarification. I wondered if you were using the same set of screws or if you'd drilled new holes. EXCELLENT description, and clarification. I think this makes sense. Great idea for a future fix, if needed. The only concern I have is whether or not the screws would be deep enough (after adding the bracket) to retain the cover on the box, as originally designed. If you don't have any problems, though, that's great!

Haven't had an issue, the screws are quite long and the thickness of bracket is about the thickness of a penny, if that much it could be thinner.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know. did you do this after they broke, or before? I'm curious, because I sent mine in a few months ago, and got a new shell. They updated my board and stuff, but it cost me $75. Well worth it... but I don't want to have to do it again. If this is an easy fix for it, in the future I might use it.

Skippy

My shell had broke and after sending it in, That is when I decided to do the fix.I water hunt a lot and the pressure from the water side to side puts pressure on the shell that was why I figured they broke in the first place.Luckily for me the shell broke while still under warranty so no charge.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my AT Pro from kellyco used. they replaced the box and chip twice free I think I left mine in my car and the glue on those bolts and the arm cradle both came loose I did put screws in the same spot they were bigger ones worked great for months till winter came and I sent it in. Just make sure the screws don't hit the board or anything inside. And how is your AT for being water proof after this mod???

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my AT Pro from kellyco used. they replaced the box and chip twice free I think I left mine in my car and the glue on those bolts and the arm cradle both came loose I did put screws in the same spot they were bigger ones worked great for months till winter came and I sent it in. Just make sure the screws don't hit the board or anything inside. And how is your AT for being water proof after this mod???

Still waterproof as I didn't change a thing with the detector these brackets are in holes that already existed with original screws holding them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread