AT gold and Pro mod
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By Back-of-the-boat
  • 1 Post By Back-of-the-boat
  • 2 Post By Higgy
  • 1 Post By Pinball
  • 1 Post By earl&patricia
  • 1 Post By Rustynailsandscrews
  • 1 Post By A2coins

Thread: AT gold and Pro mod

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
    5629 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

AT gold and Pro mod

Had to send my detector in because the screw mounts broke from water pressure going back and forth when I got it back I figured this would help. It stabilized it no wobble and cheap fix.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4960.JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	402.2 KB 
ID:	1156262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4961.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	401.8 KB 
ID:	1156263copper pipe wall clamp.
    back of the boat

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
    5629 times
    Can add one more and it will be rock solid.
    Higgy likes this.
    back of the boat

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    5629 times
    The size is 3/4 tube strap.
    Higgy likes this.
    back of the boat

us
    Honorary Goonie

Jul 2014
    NH
    Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    1267 times
    Metal Detecting
    That's pretty darn clever, BotB! I'm going to keep an eye on you.

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    5629 times
    Bump
    back of the boat

us
    Dec 2014
    Ashland, Ohio
    Garrett AT Pro
    328 times
    Metal Detecting
    Nice idea. I have a couple in the workshop and will add them just to be safe. Thanks.
    Back-of-the-boat likes this.

us
    Earl and Patricia

Jan 2017
    Conroe, TX
    AT PRO; ACE 400
    135 times
    That is a great idea. Cheap and simple. Have a box full in my shop as well. That will be the first thing I do as soon as it comes in. Thanks

us
    John Scott

Sep 2014
    Salem, NY
    AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
    245 times
    Quote Originally Posted by earl&patricia View Post
    That is a great idea. Cheap and simple. Have a box full in my shop as well. That will be the first thing I do as soon as it comes in. Thanks
    I would not do that to a new detector under warranty. That is a modification and will very likely void your warranty. Garrett has great service so let your warranty run out before making any mods. Just a heads up on a situation where you could screw yourself.

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    5629 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynailsandscrews View Post
    I would not do that to a new detector under warranty. That is a modification and will very likely void your warranty. Garrett has great service so let your warranty run out before making any mods. Just a heads up on a situation where you could screw yourself.
    You are removing screws that hold the cover to the speaker that are already there and putting these brackets on to strengthen the box to shaft, just unscrewing the screws, adding brackets and putting screws back in same place will not void a warranty if that voided a warranty then removing box from shaft to send in for repairs would void the warranty and if you send it in for repairs covered under warranty you send only the box not attached to shaft so they would have been removed before being sent in.Also my detector was still under warranty when I did this and had to send in because a pin from the coil broke off inside plug and had no issues of voiding warranty, all you send is box or coils they don't need shaft to work on your detector.Thanks for the heads up on possible voiding of warranty though.
    Last edited by Back-of-the-boat; Jan 23, 2017 at 12:35 AM.
    back of the boat

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    5629 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View Post
    Thanks for this clarification. I wondered if you were using the same set of screws or if you'd drilled new holes. EXCELLENT description, and clarification. I think this makes sense. Great idea for a future fix, if needed. The only concern I have is whether or not the screws would be deep enough (after adding the bracket) to retain the cover on the box, as originally designed. If you don't have any problems, though, that's great!
    Haven't had an issue, the screws are quite long and the thickness of bracket is about the thickness of a penny, if that much it could be thinner.
    Skippy SH13 likes this.
    back of the boat

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    5629 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View Post
    Good to know. did you do this after they broke, or before? I'm curious, because I sent mine in a few months ago, and got a new shell. They updated my board and stuff, but it cost me $75. Well worth it... but I don't want to have to do it again. If this is an easy fix for it, in the future I might use it.

Skippy
    My shell had broke and after sending it in, That is when I decided to do the fix.I water hunt a lot and the pressure from the water side to side puts pressure on the shell that was why I figured they broke in the first place.Luckily for me the shell broke while still under warranty so no charge.
    back of the boat

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    42283 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I got my AT Pro from kellyco used. they replaced the box and chip twice free I think I left mine in my car and the glue on those bolts and the arm cradle both came loose I did put screws in the same spot they were bigger ones worked great for months till winter came and I sent it in. Just make sure the screws don't hit the board or anything inside. And how is your AT for being water proof after this mod
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    5629 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    I got my AT Pro from kellyco used. they replaced the box and chip twice free I think I left mine in my car and the glue on those bolts and the arm cradle both came loose I did put screws in the same spot they were bigger ones worked great for months till winter came and I sent it in. Just make sure the screws don't hit the board or anything inside. And how is your AT for being water proof after this mod
    Still waterproof as I didn't change a thing with the detector these brackets are in holes that already existed with original screws holding them.
    A2coins likes this.
    back of the boat

Sponsored Links