Ebay Mining Claim for Sale - NO gold on this claim!

sfpsirit

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2015
San Francisco
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys-

For anyone looking for a mining claim up in Northern California, I checked out a claim that is currently for sale in Tuolumne County, DEER CREEK for $4,500 (way too high). SO I went to the claim, spent 6 hours with my classifier, sluice box and pans and tested out 6 different spots and found NOT A SINGLE SPEC OF COLOR!

Just wanted to let you know -- don't waste your time going up there, it took me 4 hours to get there and you can only imagine my disappointment.

EMM Inc Deer Creek Placer Gold Mining Claims Land Mining Equipment Tuolumne CA | eBay

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it as a lesson. I got scammed on an e-bay claim...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/prospectors-journals/447759-beware-new-mexico-gold-claim-ebay-allsgolden-goldseekr77.html

From that experience, I learned a lot... On the claim you looked at, the first thing I noticed, there are essentially no claims in the area.... Big tip off right there
that there isn't any, or enough gold to be worth go getting... The second thing is that you were willing to pay $4500 for 20 acres, when you could have the
20 acres up creek for $212.

Take the time to learn how to do the research, it seems OH SO DIFFICULT at first, and it is a big giant fluster cluck... Notice I didn't say "DO the
research"... You actually have to learn "HOW to DO the research". Its not the easiest thing in the world. But once you start to learn what you
are doing, things become much easier, and the research actually becomes a bit of fun... Then you can go get your own 20 acres for $212, instead of
$4500.

S

stefen

Think maybe that people actually set themselves up to be scam victims...

Therefore, they scam themselves...:icon_scratch:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately it happens quite a bit in foothill counties ie:Calaveras, Amador & Tuoulumne. I actually worked with guys who would get a claim, salt it in the obvious spots then sell it. Like Steven said research is key! Good Luck!

OP
OP
S

sfpsirit

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2015
San Francisco
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate that, yes I need to do more research on getting a claim myself. I'm also up for hiring someone to help me.

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate that, yes I need to do more research on getting a claim myself. I'm also up for hiring someone to help me.

Its really not all that hard... Just having gone through it the first time myself... Its a little intimidating, and sometimes the advice is a bit hard to follow,
people have been doing this for years and it might seem second nature to them, there was a lot of glossing over things I didn't understand.

I bought this DVD for $12, it helped a lot even though how the Geocommunicator and LR2000 interact (or don't) is different now. Baby steps you
through it.. Plat maps, land status, all that fun stuff. It was kind of nice.
How to File a Mining Claim

I found the folks down at the County Clerks office to be fantastic, they don't know a mining claim from a hill of beans, but they can help you get
to the documents you want... Even the folks at the BLM were pretty darn helpful and didn't mind me asking a bunch of questions.

Landmatters.org is a pretty good spot to do some research, though I found the sheer volume of information there intimidating at first.. There
are videos on Youtube on how to use the LR2000 (hint: its not very intuitive).

Its really not all that difficult. Figuring out HOW to do all the research, and WHAT you need to research is the hard part. Staking and filing the claim is
the easy thing. Its also the same research that you *should* be doing before you go out and stick a shovel in the ground anyways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions