Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not too many purchases can build credit score while giving you the relaxation and possible monetary return like a md.I applaud your efforts.let us know how it works out !!I've wondered this same thing myself.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not too many purchases can build credit score while giving you the relaxation and possible monetary return like a md.I applaud your efforts.let us know how it works out !!I've wondered this same thing myself.

The only way it could help your credit score is if you are buying it with a credit card. Detector dealers offering layaway don't report to credit agencies. In fact, buying anything on a credit card won't help your credit, it can only harm it. Credit ratings are based on number of lines of credit you have, total amount of possible credit you could take out, length of time you have held the cards and any negative reports such as late payments. paying on time and not having any card balance both = good standing with the card company.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Credit cards can help start your credit but you have to make payments, charging then immediately paying off does very little.

I found I was able to get my credit score over 830 just by making weekly payments rather than monthly and always pay at least twice to three times the min payment a month I set everything on weekly payments except my house and car including all my utilities... I only have to make two monthly payments a month, house and car and they are automatic as well. I never have to sit down and do the chore called "pay bills"...

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I could be wrong but I believe that Vance Metal Detecting Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Minelab, Makro Racer, At Pro, Pro Pointer, Pro find did offer a layaway payment plan! I haven't talked to him in a long time but I just sent him a message to call me. When I get an answer back, I will post it here. I purchased a Minelab CTX 3030 last Spring from him and I think he offered me a layaway payment plan on any extra coils that I wanted.

Frank

Johnny Hall

May 15, 2015
North Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pawn shops with used and new detectors will take payments , of course you will need to pay for it before you can go forth and hunt . the paypal deal might be fine and its a hungry happy paypal now since its recent split from ebay too

make an acct. and check it out

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it may of been a layaway plan, not sure...seems Big Boys Hobbies had something like this. Don't hurt to contact to find out. Big Boys Hobbies

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco has layaway...

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what's the harm in asking a question to see if any vendor offers payments, maybe I like to build my credit up?!?!?!

LOL.....you're not building up credit by putting a metal detector on layaway. And if you're (a) trying to finance a metal detector and (b) assume that doing so will "build up your credit".....nevermind...I can't even keep a straight face while I'm typing this.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
You can purchase detectors in the UK by paying a deposit, and monthly instalments. Joan Allen Detectors do it, I think they might be others. I'm surprised no one does it in the US.

SS

Another reason I want to metal detect in Europe!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread