Treasure Hunter

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Arizona now and I have the urge to learn about meteorites and go hunting for them. I am looking for people that have a similar interest. I am just getting started in this field, so I have a lot to learn. I am retired and have plenty of time to devote to the hobby. Arizona and the surrounding areas ( Cali, Nevada, N. Mex, etc.) would be fine with me. If you are an active hunter looking for some company, or a novice like I am, and need someone to explore and learn with, please contact me. You will find me intelligent, friendly, and thirsty for knowledge. I would also love to hear from people with a similar interest in meteorites, even if you aren't actively hunting.

Thanks, hope to hear from you.

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have often thought about that, but I live in Wisconsin. I like you am also retired, you live in a place that is great for doing just that, go for it be patient and good luck.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Treasurenet! I have always though meteorites were cool, sadly, there is not much opertunity to find them in NH where I live. There is a forum here on meteorites in case you want to check it out.
Meteorites

Rick_72

Jul 2, 2012
New Bern, NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH,

I live in Gilbert, fairly new to the area. I've been looking for folks to group up with and do some detecting and digging. Meteorites....sounds like fun to me. I'm currently retired, but going back to work very soon. But I'm in for weekend hunt if you want to get together sometime. I'm right down the street.

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Relocating to Phoenix very soon. Would love to detect, mineral hunt, or treasure find...if it's cloudy, lol. I'm in... Pm me in a few weeks, HH.

Sent from my Potato.

Last edited:

Rick_72

Jul 2, 2012
New Bern, NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too hot yet. But it will be soon!

OP
OP
T

Treasure Hunter

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too hot yet. But it will be soon!

You're right about that. Still, I think some of the northern strewn fields may be cooler...Holbrook and Franconia are usually cooler than the Phoenix valley. Still, when the summer heat is gone, there are many months of great weather for exploring.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to the library/Internet and look up "Known Strewn Fields in Arizona." I have been very successful in Gold Basin and Franconia. Several Gold Prospecting Clubs have claims in known fall areas, so check out that angle as well. - Good Luck!

OP
OP
T

Treasure Hunter

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the library/Internet and look up "Known Strewn Fields in Arizona." I have been very successful in Gold Basin and Franconia. Several Gold Prospecting Clubs have claims in known fall areas, so check out that angle as well. - Good Luck!

Terry, I believe that meteorite hunting is not restricted on a gold claim. Is that your understanding?

Guru

May 19, 2015
Srilanka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sip.jpg sop.jpg sup.jpg

Guru

May 19, 2015
Srilanka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
weight 7 Kg, length-width-height 18--11--10 cm--------density approximately---3.5 g per cmxcmxcm. Weight is relatively high.Difficult to break.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread