In the Treasure Corner - Have You Found a Million-Dollar Treasure?

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several

Hey, you with the metal detector! Wanna be a big star on a worldwide reality TV show?

I got a phone call yesterday from a casting associate for a new reality show about people who have suddenly come into a lot of money.

People who won the lottery, or invented a popular app, or received an unexpected inheritance - or found a treasure with a metal detector.

And she called me because she thought I might know of such a person, since I know a lot of, you know, treasure hunters and such.

If you fit the description of a person they're looking for, the podcast gives you the number to call.

And if you don't, you'll still enjoy the show.

Listen at In the Corner with Dan Hughes.

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You think if anyone in here had won a million$ plus, they would still be hanging around reading posts? lol, think I would be off on a nice cruise.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I'm not sure about the show but the Donald Duck book looks like a good read.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty on here are have found a Million pull tabs. Does that count?

OP
OP
Dan Hughes

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
You think if anyone in here had won a million$ plus, they would still be hanging around reading posts? lol, think I would be off on a nice cruise.

I'd HATE to go on a cruise! No metal detecting! I'd be bored stiff after about 10 minutes.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Red James Cash said.

And I'd also hate the cruise.

Guess I'll go back to digging roofing nails out of my lawn now.

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure about the show but the Donald Duck book looks like a good read.

Don't know that one but any Donald Duck or Uncle Scrooge by Carl Barks is awesome. Later Don Rosa too. Tons of fantastic treasures and well-plotted adventures and hijinks, well-researched, clever, great art, great characters, and subtle social commentary. Barks is one of the best comics writers ever.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
To look at it another way,the donald duck book is probably above the IQ level of the show:laughing7:

OP
OP
Dan Hughes

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Don't know that one but any Donald Duck or Uncle Scrooge by Carl Barks is awesome. Later Don Rosa too. Tons of fantastic treasures and well-plotted adventures and hijinks, well-researched, clever, great art, great characters, and subtle social commentary. Barks is one of the best comics writers ever.

And it's so sad that most people think only of the simplistic movie-cartoon Donald Duck (and Mickey Mouse for that matter) - they know nothing of the great stories that appeared in the comic books. Wonder why none of the comic-book stories ever got made into cartoons? Those would have been fantastic!

OP
OP
Dan Hughes

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
To look at it another way,the donald duck book is probably above the IQ level of the show:laughing7:

Ouch, Red James! But you might be right - Donald was a pretty sharp cookie in the comic books. (Or maybe it was his nephews, who often saved the day for him.)

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do y'all suppose the IRS has some intern whose only job is to sit at the computer all day typing in 'treasure found' or variations thereof to see what pops up? Nah, me neither, probably never crossed their minds.

OP
OP
Dan Hughes

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Do y'all suppose the IRS has some intern whose only job is to sit at the computer all day typing in 'treasure found' or variations thereof to see what pops up? Nah, me neither, probably never crossed their minds.

Not the IRS, just the myriad of idiots who will claim they buried it, or their father buried it, or their uncle buried it. Lawsuits are filed by property owners, previous property owners, previous tenants, and all kinds of people who come out of the woodwork to claim it belongs to them. Most of them have no real claim and know it, they just hope the newbie-millionaire will settle their nuisance suit out of court and give them some of that cash.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

Nope,a person isnt needed,whenever a "keyword"is picked up in the data streams,well,thats all it takes.Computers at certain facilities have more storage than ALL desktops in the world COMBINED.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

A simple computer program takes care of that. :)

I know of a woman that won a million, and her husband is still :BangHead: after paying out in the divorce case.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope,a person isnt needed,whenever a "keyword"is picked up in the data streams,well,thats all it takes.Computers at certain facilities have more storage than ALL desktops in the world COMBINED.

Wonder if that has anything to do with my second brand new cell phone in two months not working right? :BangHead: It won't receive calls goes right to VM no ringer, you can call out from it, and it receives texts but won't send them! :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread