orion rocket stage 2

roobinjake

Oct 17, 2014
south east kent uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro gold sabre ,toltec100 ,cutlass umax,vintage cscope3300,,fieldmaster55, fieldmaste44,fisher mscope1210x, cscopecs990xd, toltec 80 ,fieldmaster fm250, lobo supertrq , bandido ,vintage bounty hunt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
orion2.jpg orion1.jpg orion5.jpg
just got a orion rocket stage 2, this machine was bought in 1991 and has never been used at all, i have given it a air test ,about the same as tesoro silver sabre.it seems a shame not to use it so i am going to try it out soon ,is there anyone out there still using one? looks very well made,has a 8"coil takes three 9 volt bats like to here any info on these detectors,thanks, roobinjake england.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great acquisition.
I like "old" machines.
It was considered lite weight in the early 90s, at 3.5lbs.
Please update your finds.
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
roobinjake

roobinjake

Oct 17, 2014
south east kent uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro gold sabre ,toltec100 ,cutlass umax,vintage cscope3300,,fieldmaster55, fieldmaste44,fisher mscope1210x, cscopecs990xd, toltec 80 ,fieldmaster fm250, lobo supertrq , bandido ,vintage bounty hunt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for reply CincinnatiKid
yeah i will let you know what it peforms like ,on the beach,and inland ,i will take one of my old tesoros and see the difference if any,seems good signal on silver and gold in the air test,

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
In 25 years at least physically nothing has changed at all. Well, today they use a lot more plastic and the coil wires are shorter so they don't have to wind down the shaft as many times.
I'm sure that basically the exact same components are still generally in use.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread