Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's worth all the hub and more. It has 3 sensitivity ranges. I feel that the default 2nd range is the best, As the 3rd setting seems to be too much for me. If I can't find my target in the plug or the hole, I'll bump it up to the third sensitivity setting which is the strongest. I don't use the vibrate only modes.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I completely forgot I have the new Carrot :laughing7:
I like the on/off switch better on the older pointer!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had credit card in hand, ready to call Bart, and order my "carrot".
Now this thread. What's wrong with the carrots?
Peace ✌

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm guessing that the "garret carrot" is still better than the free pinpointer that came with my Fisher F2 though. It only makes noise if you are actually touching the items. Yet, I still use it plenty of times every hunt if find it still useful. I based on what I have heard, the carrot is comparable with the regular pro-pointer.

OP
OP
moon light md

moon light md

May 3, 2015
Moses Lake Washington
Detector(s) used
AT pro, 350, 250, fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right now I'm using both. And I fine that 3" target won't pickup on my carrot. But gos nuts on my pro. I'll try setting two, I've been on three. I use the vibrate at night or around kids so I don't attract too much of a following.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Try ground balancing your carrot. All you have to do is turn it on in the dirt, away from any metal. Never knew about this until I saw it on youtube. This trick works well for me. My carrot easily blows away my old Minelab Pro-Find pin pointer and I am finding my targets much faster. I only use the vibrate setting just to be more stealthy and it also seems to extend the battery life. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Lord, will you guys stop praising the carrot already? I'ma have to git me one if you keep it up! :laughing7:

OP
OP
moon light md

moon light md

May 3, 2015
Moses Lake Washington
Detector(s) used
AT pro, 350, 250, fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree both garret pointer are better than the fisher pointer. I will try the ground balance when I go out today TY. mostly I got the carrot because it is water proof, when my pro gets wet in the heavy rain it acts up. I don't like to stop because of the weather. I noticed yesterday it works fine once I have my flap cut. I'm going to keep using both till I decide what I like for the situation at hand. (like using my sniper vs. my DD they have different jobs). you all have been helpful and/or amusing TY fir you comments.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try reading the manual.. as stated above!!! more penatration.. default setting is at leval 2 and for more you want leval 3 ...

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience with it there is a more sensitivity with the AT "Carrot" than the original "classic". :)

This is is especially pronounced on hot soil, where the difference isn't even close. The AT wins hands down.

Dust Eater

Apr 15, 2015
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's worth all the hub and more. It has 3 sensitivity ranges. I feel that the default 2nd range is the best, As the 3rd setting seems to be too much for me. If I can't find my target in the plug or the hole, I'll bump it up to the third sensitivity setting which is the strongest. I don't use the vibrate only modes.
Yep, I do the exact same thing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread