All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I am so sorry to be a doubting-Thomas, but .... I'm not buying it. It's like looking into the clouds and seeing the shape of a cow, or a cat, or a clown, etc.... If you look long enough, and hard enough, at squiggly lines anywhere, you can ALWAYS find similarities to something else. The only thing it proves is: "dis-similar people coincidentally drew similar objects".

I think it's human nature to draw things similar. I read a study once that .... people, when asked to draw a "random geometric shape" (hidden-from-view of each other), would tend to draw a house shape (square with triangle on top). At first glance, you might think "aha! they're psychic!". But no. It only means that when handed a pencil and paper, might draw similar things. Doh!

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New things about the past are found all the time, It is common knowledge that Columbus was not the first, and that the Vikings were here. It is interesting to find more details about the past but it the end it changes nothing . We have much to learn

maxpower

Apr 29, 2005
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theres also evidence that the europeans where here before the native americans crossed the siberian land bridge

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a lot of doubters out there because it goes against what was taught in school, never finding truth for themselves. Stay encouraged and keep looking, you'll find what they will never find because they don't believe it's possible.

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I spent a lot of time on the West Coast (B.C.) beach combing, it was quite obvious that the current (Pacific Ocean) would wash up all kinds of things from Japan and China.
If you study all the different aboriginal tribes of N.A. you'll notice that the West Coast Natives wore pointed hats and had other similarities to the Chinese culture.
It wouldn't be that difficult to imagine Asian people jumping in a boat and sailing with the current to get here in ancient times.
There's no doubt that the Vikings made it to the east coast. As for the title of the article stating "New Evidence......."
The evidence had always been there! Unfortunately, many could not see past their outdated theories they were taught in school.
The Great Lakes archaic copper predates "civilization" and N.A. Indians fashioned copper tools before anyone did.
Now, there's theories that Egyptian, Mesopotamian, and even European copper tools may have originated from the Great Lakes in N.A.
How can anyone NOT think that there were all kinds of people visiting North America? :icon_scratch:
Archaeology has barely even scratched the surface!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Talk about scratching the surface back in the '40s cartoonists would often picture "digging to
China" images. They were ahead of their time. The ancient Chinese explorer Foo Onyu claimed
to have sailed a junk to Florida and discovered The fountain of yuth. He named it Junksonville.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discovery is on going process, for society and individuals, learning can be thrilling sometimes

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
There is a lot of doubters out there because it goes against what was taught in school, never finding truth for themselves. Stay encouraged and keep looking, you'll find what they will never find because they don't believe it's possible.

Ha, turn your post around the other way. And it can say the same exact thing in reverse. If the "truth" was that it's random squiggly lines (like seeing a cow shape in the clouds), then .... the "believers" need to "find the truth" in that situation (that it's random coincidences). And just because something is "possible", doesn't mean it's "true" or happened. In other words: "open-mindedness" works both ways :)

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are MANY clues showing that Columbus was NOT the first to set foot here in the North American continent.
Columbus never even set foot here,, it was in the area of Puerto Rico if I remember correctly, that he landed.

History is in the hands of those who monetize it. To defer from "taught" history has cost many an archaeologist his working money.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
By the way, does anyone here recall (or have the links to) big "bruhaha" stories of "evidence the chinese were here first", that later got debunked. But at the time, when reading them, someone un-initiated, as to "other possible explanations", would be the "faithful believers" like seen here in this post. I mean: afterall, you can't argue with something that "made the news" and that 'cites expert authorities", blah blah , now can you ? The first off the top of my head were:

1) Giant donut shaped stone anchors found off the coast of southern CA. They were identified as Chinese junk-ship anchors, that were 1000 yrs. old or whatever. Hence proving conclusively that the Chinese were here 700 years before the Europeans. Woohoo. Quite compelling when you see the photos of scuba divers posing next to these giant stone anchor things. And quite conclusive reading quotes of "archaeologists" and "experts", eh ?

But then lo & behold, someone comes along later, and points out that while ... yes ... these anchors could date to that long ago, yet they also were used as recently as the mid 1800s (at which time, yes, some did come here that method during the gold rush). Doh!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2nd "conclusive proof that the Chinese were here first":

2) There was some archaeologists, in the pacific NW somewhere (WA? OR?) digging in pre-history indian mounds. Lo & behold they found a chinese cache coin. They got the inscriptions/date translated and .... wow, it was from the 1500s! Oh my gosh, conclusive proof that the Chinese had made it to the Pac NW, almost as early, if not earlier, than the Spanish who explored up the Pacific coast, eh ? It even got into respectable archaeological journals, the paper, etc... The archies were "besides themselves with glee" (hey, it's hard to argue with the date on a coin, isn't it ??)

But as anyone here on the west coast that metal detects knows: Those silly cache coins turn up wherever the Chinese emigrants came (gold rush, RR workers, etc...) in the mid to late 1800s. And their dates have NO BEARING on when they were lost. Apparently they were stored in barrels over in China, for up-to-centuries, and opened up for distributions, or when preparing to travel. And so those things are found in Coolie-/china-town type sites, all over the west coast, with dates to the 1700s, 1600s, and, yes, even 1500s. Yet at sites that didn't get started till the 1850s or 1860s or whatever.

But archies wouldn't know this. An md'r would know this.

Hence, have an "open mind" to alternate explanations.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.....History is in the hands of those who monetize it. To defer from "taught" history has cost many an archaeologist his working money.

Ah yes, a conspiracy theory. Of course. There are men in black trenchcoats, in dark rooms, smoking cigarretes, pulling the strings of academia, who "don't want you to know", right ?

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah yes, a conspiracy theory. Of course. There are men in black trenchcoats, in dark rooms, smoking cigarretes, pulling the strings of academia, who "don't want you to know", right ?

Tom,
Do a little research on the "Mound-builders" and how the Smithsonian Institute went on a rampage opening up every mound (including in my province) during the late 1800's and buried all evidence in their vaults with no information leaking out since. There were actually newspapers reporting 8 foot skeletons being found throughout the continent and the Smithies were in there covering it up and ending any discussion about it.
You need to get with the times as the term "conspiracy theorists" doesn't hold the same connotation anymore. Not since a lot of conspiracy theories from decades ago have now materialized!
It's called truth-seeking. I can prove endlessly that archaeology covered up a lot of evidence a century ago to protect the narrow-minded views of the time.
I agree with you in regards with having some skepticism and some things can be dismissed as coincidence.
There's a difference with being open-minded and being an airy fairy flake that lives in a fantasy world.
The subject here is not that hard to believe. No one said that there's a piece of chocolate cake floating in the astral belt right now.
:)

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always had an interest in America B. C. I've seen the Heavener Runestone in Oklahoma which is claimed to be a Viking land marker left long before Columbus. I've examined that line of markings in Picture Canyon here in Colorado that some researchers claim is Ogham writing and others say is tool sharpening marks. I don't know about writing, but I can pretty confidently say that's not tool sharpening marks. Maybe some sort of tally system? Check out the Granby Idol, which was found north of here. Some theorize that Chinese explorers before Columbus left it near the Colorado River. The actual artifact has disappeared. There were markings that some said were an obscure Chinese script that could be translated. The questionable part is it had a carving of a mammoth on one side and a dinosaur on the other. Interesting topic, and I believe there was a lot more going on in America than we've been led to believe. The biggest question I have though, is why have we not found the burial of a Viking explorer in middle America, or a Chinese explorer in Colorado? They had to have had people die and they had to bury them somewhere. Of course, it's a big country and it would be an incredible stroke of luck to stumble onto a lone burial of a European explorer who was here before Columbus. And maybe they have been discovered, but mainstream archaeologists wrote them off as Native American?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Muddy, any evidence debunking those "8 ft. tall skeletons" (as never having existed, or hoaxes, etc...) would summarily be dismissed by the "faithful", as mere "coverups". Any evidence to the contrary of what you're saying, would be nothing more than the result of the "conspiracy" Right ? And those that present you this proof-to-the-contrary, would be dismissed by you as people who are not "truth-seekers". Notice that only those who come to the same conclusion as the side of the proponents, are the "open minded truth seekers". While those that come to a different conclusion have "obviously not sought the truth". Do you see how this merely presumes one's own point of view, from the on-set ?

Do you see the vicious self-fulfilling protective loop ? Probably not, as that becomes enveloped in the same vicious self-fulfilling loop. Perhaps I am a part of the coverup. Here on T'net, no doubt, to perpetuate the myths that we (the persons controlling the strings of society) *want* you to believe . Shhhh, don't tell my coworkers that I spilled the beans of who I *really* am :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you're saying Tom. I understand because I also know that the ancient Chinese invented the wheelbarrow thousands of years before the Europeans did.
It's not because the Chinese were smarter but merely because of the mainstream beliefs of the time. Of course they had gunpowder, rockets, etc. because society at the time encouraged science.
A certain religion halted science from advancing in Europe for at least a millennium, so I well know how "beliefs" can prevent one from seeing the truth!
It is plain as day that early North American archaeologists (of European descent) carried beliefs and biases that contradict science.
Especially when the agenda of the time was to paint the Natives as "savages" to the general public, so they could easily conquer them.
That ain't no conspiracy theory my friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread