Private property invite etiquette

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question? When i am invited to a hunt on pp can i invite anybody i want? i feel i don't have that right because i was invited. the thing is i catch a lot of grief from other hunters i know about "the secret spot" so to speak. I honestly just want to get my hunt on and find some treasures without all the dam drama:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:. I know if one of my buddies got a private invite i would tell them go go. don't worry about me go get yours. any way i feel there is SOME etiquette when it comes to this issue. Just like fishing. Don't cross my line. any input is greatly welcomed any input.

Thank you and HH

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Initially go alone. Be courteous, knowledgeable of site and simply be relaxed. All else will unfold as is should.
Leave no trace.
GL
Peace ✌

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup I agree with cincinnatikid, go alone and get a good relationship then you may have an open door for bringing buddies along.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have asked on behalf of a buddy, as "can my friend come along", and have always been given a yes to a guest. Problem is, I need a buddy.... lonely here in Ft. Myers.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, You could have the other problem. Invite one....another finds out....drama....more drama.

Probably what the OP was getting at.

Make it go beep....dig it....the rest will work itself out.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's sort of selfish of the others to want to hook up with the person that has gained permission in the first place. It should be a simple request from the other hunters as "Is there any chance of hunting the spot with you in the future?" at the most.
Then again it makes one wonder why they have a need to impose on the person that has knocked on the door and gained permission in the first place. Not to be rude but it's a case of a person feels like saying " If you wanted to hunt it you should of knocked on the door yourself"
It's could another case of they're just too lazy to do the hard work, but want to enjoy the benefits of the hunting spot. I'm sure there's a name for these type of folks that do this, but it just can't think of it right now.
Though looking in the rear view mirror at these type of folks comes to my mind.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have asked on behalf of a buddy, as "can my friend come along", and have always been given a yes to a guest. Problem is, I need a buddy.... lonely here in Ft. Myers.

Aww Big Wave, you have all of us on T Net as close as your smart phone! You're never alone! The only draw back is we're a little heavy on the advice side and lite on the actual digging.:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
DW Dirt Whisperer

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, You could have the other problem. Invite one....another finds out....drama....more drama.

Probably what the OP was getting at.

Make it go beep....dig it....the rest will work itself out.

Thank you and yes that has become a problem already. to the point where i just say i cant invite you it not my hunt, its the person i go with who knows the owner.

OP
OP
DW Dirt Whisperer

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's sort of selfish of the others to want to hook up with the person that has gained permission in the first place. It should be a simple request from the other hunters as "Is there any chance of hunting the spot with you in the future?" at the most.
Then again it makes one wonder why they have a need to impose on the person that has knocked on the door and gained permission in the first place. Not to be rude but it's a case of a person feels like saying " If you wanted to hunt it you should of knocked on the door yourself"
It's could another case of they're just too lazy to do the hard work, but want to enjoy the benefits of the hunting spot. I'm sure there's a name for these type of folks that do this, but it just can't think of it right now.
Though looking in the rear view mirror at these type of folks comes to my mind.

Agreed. i do the research find the spots. then like ants on sugar i am swarmed. i dont mind taking them if it was my permissions. but it is a buddy of mines permissions and he invites me.

OP
OP
DW Dirt Whisperer

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Initially go alone. Be courteous, knowledgeable of site and simply be relaxed. All else will unfold as is should.
Leave no trace.
GL
Peace ✌

Relaxed!!!. sometimes i can't hunt with all the text and calls i get from other hunters. well i guess it is partly my fault for having so many contacts to hunt with. lolol thanks

OP
OP
DW Dirt Whisperer

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ADVICE. I WILL ASK THE GUY I HUNT WITH IF WE CAN BRING ONE AT A TIME ON THE HUNT WITH US.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt your friend would like to hear about your friends needing a place to hunt. Who's going to get sued when someone gets hurt.
And your friend don't own the land so he has to get the land owners permission to bring other people there. That means you both might lose your hunting spot.
Stop feeling sorry for the others.
Lets say your the only one with a girlfriend and all the others don't have one. Are you going to ask her if she will allow you to bring one at a time.:BangHead:

OP
OP
DW Dirt Whisperer

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt your friend would like to hear about your friends needing a place to hunt. Who's going to get sued when someone gets hurt.
And your friend don't own the land so he has to get the land owners permission to bring other people there. That means you both might lose your hunting spot.
Lets say your the only one with a girlfriend and all the others don't have one. Are you going to ask her if she will allow you to bring one at a time.:BangHead:

Well since you put it that way. lmao Thanks I will enjoy my hunt. its not up to me who to invite...

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Lol, well put.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My slant on the buddy system is this: If you go door-knocking, go together. If you get permission together, then hunt it together. If you go solo, get permission solo, then hunt it solo and keep your mouth shut. Buddies that want to hone in on your digs are not truly buddies. Leechs? Surely. Buddies they are not.

I like pals just like everyone else, but honestly, if I invited someone to dig in one of my spots, and he dug a gold coin, I'd be a little disturbed. The only person/s that I could take with me and feel good about it would be my immediate kin.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For some reason, it seems anytime you mix more than 2 detectorists, there will be childish drama. I agree with others that you should go alone and then ask if you might bring a friend next time.

OP
OP
DW Dirt Whisperer

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason, it seems anytime you mix more than 2 detectorists, there will be childish drama. I agree with others that you should go alone and then ask if you might bring a friend next time.

Simply well put. childish drama

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread