Pretty Funny...

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this yesterday before getting my drink on, suggestion to the writer of the notification...maybe you shouldn't have left the antique stove in front of your house..
20150516_173208-1.jpg

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it sort of depends where in the front yard they left it. Curbside is a giveaway, but anywhere else is theft.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the people/person thought it was a give away item sitting in the front yard???

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guarantee it is in a scrap metal yard by now

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The police will devote about 12 seconds to it and move on. Unless it drops out or the sky onto one of their cruisers.

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guaranteed if it falls on a cruiser the original owner will be billed for the damages and whatever criminal charges they can come up with!

Wade

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About time to take your name and info is really all I would devote to that type of crime. Oh, maybe I would tell you I would up patrols in the neighborhood. Pretty much procedure. However, you know the neighborhood, know the people, do a little footwork, and I think the cops could come up with this one. 95% sheer boredom and 5% sheer terror, so in that off time it probably wouldn't take that much time to get this back and build better community relations.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Large chain and lock may have helped, beyond that a "beware of dog" sign and a mean pit bull to put teeth behind it!
Metal thieves have actually ripped gutters off churches and wiring and copper pipes out of empty houses up here.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the 1990s, a new convenience store was being built in Waco, Texas where I lived at the time. The store was near completion. Then one night, someone ripped out all the copper refrigeration lines beside and behind the store. It took several days to get them all replaced. I don't remember anyone ever being caught.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are hundreds, if not thousands of houses and businesses down here that have had their A/C systems ripped off... even my own company's units were ripped off a few years ago. Punks got like $300 in scrap, cost us $18,000 to replace...yea, boss was pissed. SW Florida also sees manhole covers, guardrails, and brass flower pots from the cemetery end up in the scrap yard.....

DONT DO METH!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread