Fourwayz

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks King! I have seen many potential honey holes here but know better than to ask! For the past 6 months I have taken several Saturdays out of the month to "schmooze" at local swap meets (Flea Markets and such) and possibly pick up some leads from the older population. MOST of these people are aware of the "Digger" shows on TV and don't want any part of it. One old guy referred to them as "dancin' hole diggin' monkeys that ain't got no respect"! There was nothing i could do to paint a more responsible light on the hobby. I gave him a demo of my machines and he was impressed but held steadfast to his impression of the hobby. Living within 8 miles of one battleground area and 35 miles of another kicked up my research efforts many years ago. I am aware of where battlines are on private property as well as not-so-private property. I have found the landowners and at each encounter...no permission. It grows old and tedious and I TOTALLY refuse to sneak in and hunt without permission...period!

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love to find clad. I have saved mine for 6 years and just opened up 5 savings accounts for my grandkids

OP
OP
Fourwayz

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude, let it go. It is very evident you have some unresolved issues in your life. I made a choice that CLEARLY does not affect you directly. Yet you keep yapping along as if you invented metal detecting and anyone and everyone else is not up to YOUR hunting standards. You assume you have THE BEST machines, methods and pratices for the hobby. Who cares if anyone picks up a Bounty Hunter or Garrett 250? Who cares if someone hunts the sandy areas of a beach? It's THEIR choice...not YOURS TO DICTATE AND BERATE! Personally, I enjoyed my V3i, Vx3, BHID and yes, an Ace 250. I don't really understand why people on this site put up with your self centered arrogance towards those who don't do it the way you and with what you use. Ask a simple question and you let it flow! With that said, if the moderator wants to ban me, so be it. Finally, you need to tone the high and mighty detectorist routine down a few notches. It does not look good on someone with 7000+ posts who should be better than that. Yes, you pissed me off.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen many potential honey holes here but know better than to ask! For the past 6 months I have taken several Saturdays out of the month to "schmooze" at local swap meets (Flea Markets and such) and possibly pick up some leads from the older population.

Go back to the sites where those flea markets and swap meets were after the crowds and tables have dispersed. ;-)

OP
OP
Fourwayz

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Charlie, I beat you to it! I had an agreement with the manager at each of the markets who gave me permission to hunt empty spaces during the day and the entire place after everyone was gone. Heck, he even used my Garrett 250 Ace after a quick tutorial. He is itching to buy his own ASAP!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions