How safe do you feel when detecting?

mlrosier

Greenie
May 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel about as safe in my abode as I feel in the desert. Seems like theirs murders weekly and home invasions at least once a week.Now the homeinvaders just knock on the door,when answered they just start shooting.Just happened to a older couple,another opened door,was rushed,others let in through side gate.Safe-No. Now the Desert, I see persons walking in the middle of no-where, persons driveing back and forth middle of no-where,motorhomes parked in the middle of no-where, sometimes gunshots from who knows where ? Car body parts all over the desert, recent campfire pits miles from everything, new bullet shells where you think no-ones been. Do i feel safe in the desert from other persons of the human race,Hell No, from animals,snakes, and other desert varmits,Hell yes.

You mention desert. Where do you live? Because I don't want to go there. lol. I live in Arizona, in South Phoenix, not that that is much better.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I think Prince Albert was the murder capital last year.
Everyone has such wonderful things to say about Regina! :laughing7:
I spent some time in Victoria park a few years ago (Folk Festival) and met some real interesting characters. Lol.
Ran into a few gang-bangers (by the mall) and they acted all tough until I told them I was from Winnipeg!
They patted me on the back, said "Later Bro" and walked away.
The only problems I experienced was from Saskabush football fans.....especially if I say where I'm from!
Made sure they humiliated me even if I tell them I'm not a Bomber fan. :laughing9:

Yup, I know P.A. well. I was manager/caretaker of a 16 suite apartment building, taking full time post secondary classes, and driving weekend taxi at the same time. I was a busy beaver indeed. I was lucky not to have been stabbed or beaten as I physically threw a few out of the cab into the snow at 3am. My switch over driver was hacked with a machete one night. Here is the story. He was a really nice guy. I carried a chunk of oak doweling that I screwed a cast iron pipe end fitting to, then wrapped it all in hockey tape. I took it out more than once. Ya, P.A. is a hole.
Sask. cabbie describes machete attack - Saskatchewan - CBC News

Ya the Rider fans are pretty gone out here, eye bulging, spittle spraying obsessives with water melon helmets.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread